Search

Hotels in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 12:38 PM
Kelly

Hotels in Spain

Visiting Spain in Oct. for 16 days. Searching for info on hotels in Barcelona, Cadiz, Madrid, San Sebastian, and Seville. Wish to avoid those that cater to the "tour-bus" crowds. <BR>Any suggestions? Thanks!

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 05:51 PM
Pedro

The Parador in Cadiz <BR> <BR>Casa Imperial/Las Casas de la Juderia/Los Seises/AlfonsoXIII in Sevilla <BR> <BR>Those might be fine.

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 07:47 AM
mimi

In Madrid we stayed at the Carlos V off the Place de Sol. Loved the location, near subway and many stores and restaurants. We walked everywhere to the Palace and all the museums. Very small hotel probably less than 50 rooms with a beautiful breakfast room. We paid less than $100. in Nov. two years. ago. Hotel can be found in many guidebooks or check the web.

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 10:49 AM
Graziella

In Barcelona, iI enjoyed the <BR> <BR> Colon hotel <BR>Av de la catredal 7 <BR>Buena suerte

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Gatti

Instead of having evberything spoon fed to you, why don't you actually exert yourself a lttle. There have probably been a hundred posts on the discussion recommending hotels. <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 12:44 PM
lyn

we stayed at the HOTEL ATLANTICO in madrid in april. the cost was about 132euros. it is on the gran via and everything was within walking distance. our room was small, but some are larger and the breakfast area and sitting area are lovely(better than the 5 star hotel our friends were in. no tour buses in site, it is a best western(so calling from home is easy to reserve), and the staff was great. info:38 grand via, fax is 91 531 02 10, and the internet site is www.hotelatlantico.es.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 08:33 AM
Kim

I've spent a lot of time in Sevilla and really like Hotel Monte Carmelo. It's in a residential area, very pleasant and non-touristy. As in most larger cities in Spain, I always ask for a room in the "interior". If you're overlooking the street, it can be very loud at any time of the day or night. <BR> <BR>Have a great time, sounds like you're hitting some good spots.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 03:20 PM
Margo

San Sebastian <BR>ALEMANA: Calle San Martin 53, 1st fl., 20007. <BR>Tel: 943-462544. Fax: 943-461771. <BR>Web site: http://www.hostalalemana.com/ <BR>E-mail: [email protected] (21 rms., all w/toilet & bath.) 14000ptas/84EURO double; 18500ptas/111EURO triple; 22000ptas/133EURO quad. Breakfast (7:15-10:15am) at 800ptas/5EURO pp. Visa, MC. English spoken (Robert), TV, phones, wonderful charming beautiful hotel w/contemporary furnished & identically decorated nice-size rms., #106 & 113 (both w/2 twin beds & balconies that face street) are for a double; #111 (large corner rm.), 105 & 107 ( all w/2 twin beds that face the street) are for a double; #109 (double bed & balcony that faces street) & 101 (2 twin beds & balcony that faces back) are for a double; elevator doesn’t go up to the rms. on the 2nd flr. which are larger than the 1st flr. rms.: #201, 204 207 (all w/2 twin beds & balconies that face street) are for a double; 202 (double bed & balcony) is for a double; #203 (huge corner rm. w/3 twin beds & large balcony that faces the street and wraps around 3 windows) & 206 (3 twin beds) are for a triple but can fit an extra fold-up bed for a family; hairdriers, trouser press, minibars, laundry services, quaint breakfast rm., bar, elevator, 2 flrs., parking (2500ptas/15EURO per day.) Robert & his family have owned the hotel for more than 35 years. Great location near La Concha beach off Calle Marina. <BR>

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 07:59 PM
Rosenatti

What's your budget, Kelly?

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 10:24 AM
Nikki

Hi Kelly! Check out www.hotelstravel.com &amp; hotelsspain.com.

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 12:09 PM
Bert

Gatti - You are an ignorant, pompous ass. What's this Forum for except to ask questions? Instead of putting the poster down, why don't you just f off?

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 07:26 PM
Ruth

Hi Kelly. Spanish friends of ours have recommended the Bancotel organization. They have used this system for many of their business trips. We have booked 5 hotels from this group for our trip coming up in August. Basically, every room is about 46.00 Euro. All hotels are 3 and 4 star, but not every hotel is available at all times, especially in August. Try the website for more info. www.bancotel.com Have fun!

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 05:10 PM
John Burlowski

In Barcelona, we enjoyed the Hotel Gotico. Location is outstanding... just steps from the Cathedral and a convenient base for walking to the port, Las Ramblas, and the gothic quarter. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was small but very clean and well maintained.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 07:11 PM
reallysickof

Ditto the above re: Gatti. I am bothered by the unhelpful tenor of posters who don't care to help those who ask for just a little!

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 11:26 AM
Dee

I just got back from Barcelona, and we LOVED the Regencia Colon Hotel. It's located in the Gothic Quarter, right next to the Cathedral. It is the sister hotel of the Hotel Colon, but from what I could see, I wouldn't pay more money to stay at the Colon over the Regencia Colon. <BR> <BR>Steps away from Las Ramblas and Placa Catalunya, I would recommend this place in a heartbeat!!

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 02:39 PM
Tony

HI Kelly, am travelling to Barcelona for a few weeks Aug.sorry to gate crash your message but could any one let me know of any cheap and cheerfull digs.Barce or Valencia?

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 05:07 AM
a regular

Kelly, since there are, literally, hundreds of posts recommending hotels in Spain, you think you can narrow it down by either, doing some work and listing those that sound appealing to you or can you state what are YOU looking for in a hotel, including price range? After all, you are the one who stated you are looking for info. Well, there is info already posted, anything else?

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Joan

Spent 12 nights in Spain with our family and 2 grandchildren for a family renion. Stayed at the Gran Via in Barcelona. Double cost 15,000 Pts. and a Quad for 24,000. Centrally located, parking very close by and close to La Rambla. Ask for an inside room as some rooms facing the Gran Via can be noisy. We stayed here both upon entering Spain and leaving. Both times had rooms with a sitting area. The people who work for the hotel are very helpful and friends. Breakfast at about 1,300 Pts. was outstanding. In San Sebastian we stayed at the Tryp Orly. A bit pricy but parking was underground and secured. Breakfast here was extra also but very good. This is within close walking distance to beaches and shopping. Enjoy!

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 08:37 AM
Robin

We are going to Madrid in September and have booked Hotel Carlos V. One suggestion, I called to book and they said they were fully booked. Then, I went to the internet and submitted a reservation and there was a room available! We are then headed to Toledo for a wedding. I can't wait. I am an American working and living in Frankfurt and look forward to my first Spanish Wedding. <BR> <BR>Have Fun!

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 10:41 AM
David

Hi Kelly <BR> <BR>For ease it might be worth checking Sol Melia Hotels - they have hotels throughout Spain and are the 8th largest hotel group in the world - I ave stayed at many of their hotels and always found them profesional, reliable, good value and ideally located - try them at www.solmelia.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -