Reload this Page >

Hotels in Rome, Florence and Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 06:27 AM
Sherry

I am having the most difficult time finding hotels for under $150/night for May that sound descent. Has anyone ever stayed in the Hotel Columbia or Venezia in Rome? What about the Parlemento? In FLorence, I was considering the Hotel Basilea or Porta Rossa. Just on the outskirts of Florence is the Villa Belvedere but it might be to far away.. In Venice the Accademia sounds nice, but who knows. Any feedback on hotels would be appreciated.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 06:39 AM
Book Chick

Hi Sherry, <BR>In Venice, the Accademia has been praised extensively on this board. You might also want to check out Locanda Sturion, & their main drawback is a lack of elevator, but they're a nice hotel with a good staff & location. <BR> <BR>In Rome, you might want to try a small place called Casa Howard. They have a web site & are located between the Spanish Steps & the Trevi Fountain. They're very small & just opened in March of 2000. (They're so small, they run kind of like a B & B, but offer some personalized services like airport transportation to/from the establishment.) <BR> <BR>I'm not very familiar with the places in Florence you've found, sorry. <BR>BC

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 07:54 AM
richardab

Have you tried tyhe Hotel Due Torri? Its a nice clean, quaint and friendly hotel between the Piazza navona and Spanish Steps. Its on a quiet street and has a good continental breakfast included in the room rate. <BR> <BR>I have pics on my websight plus a lot of other useful info on Rome such as restaurants, sights and tips. Check it out. <BR> <BR>http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 07:58 AM
Susan

Sherry, <BR>The Accademia is one of the most sought after places in Venice. Double is $200 a night. <BR>Try the Pendini in Florence, very conveniently located here is their website: (they are $130 for a double) <BR>http://www.tiac.net/users/pendini/hotel.html <BR>There are millions of hotels in Rome for under $150. Search this forum under "rome hotels" and read all about them

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 05:50 PM
me

To the top. sorry

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 06:00 PM
Irma S.

We stayed at the Porto Rossa in Florence last March. The location is ideal and we were satisfied with the accommodations. The only negative thing is the street noise - cobblestone street and the talking echoes up.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 05:54 PM
Maman

We stayed at the Venezia in Rome this summer-a great find! Highly recommend it. We had been traveling all day by train and were exhausted when we arrived; sensing this, the porter asked if we wanted to sit down and have an iced tea while he took our bags up. This is an example of the graciousness of the hotel, which is beautifully furnished with antiques. Good value for your money, which was under $150/nite.