Search

Hotels in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 02:58 PM
Robert

Hotels in Rome

My wife and I are stopping in Rome for 1 to 2 nights in late September and are looking for hotels in the $80-$100 range. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 03:05 PM
sandra engley

I purchased tickets from the Austrian National Tourist Office in NYC. Visit www.anto.com for more details. <BR> <BR>The Salzburg Marionettes put on a very life like show. It was very enjoyable.

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 03:46 PM
John Cain

The <BR> <BR>Hotel Santa Prisca <BR>Largo Gelsomini, 25 <BR>Rome 00153 (ROMA) <BR>ITALY <BR>Tel. 06-574-1917 FAX 06-574-6658 <BR> <BR>Quoted me a price of L219000 (about $112.00) for a double for <BR> the same period. It is a regular hotel but is run by nuns. I've never stayed <BR>there but have stayed in a nearby hotel. It looks very nice from the outside. <BR> All rooms have 'shower, private services (whatever that is) telephone and television" . <BR>Its big advantage, to me is that it is in the Aventino, a very beautiful residential <BR> part of Rome that is still within easy walking distance of the Vatican and the "center storico" <BR>and very close to the Roman forum and the Campodoglio, . The Aventine is a lovely place <BR>to stay. It is relatively quiet, with nice parks. It is also very close to,the Cimitero Acattolico where Keats and Shelley are buried, near the subway stop and the Ostiense railway station and adjacent <BR> to the vibrant and upscale Testaccio district. <BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 05:20 AM
Paulo

Is a bath in he room essential, Robert? <BR>A double with bath in Rome, in high season, and in a decent location in your price range will almost for sure translate to a 1-star service hotel. If you don't mind a bathroom in the corridor, you may be able to find rooms in higher rated hotels. <BR>One place that sounds interesting to me (haven't been there yet) is the recently renovated Manara (tel: +39 06 5814713). Apparently it's recommended by the newest Frommer's edition. In my opinion, the location is very good, near Piazza San Cosimato in Trastevere. You'd be in the heart of Rome's dining district, and you would be able to stroll to the Vatican, Bocca della Verita, Campo de' Fiori, Piazza Navona, etc. A room with bath should run about Lit 150,000 per night. <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 07:32 AM
Brendan

Robert, <BR>I traveled back and forth between Washington and Rome during most of 1999. It afforded me the opportunity to stay in many hotels, some luxurious, some not. Hotel ISA on Via Ciccerone is the best hotel for the money. If you are looking for a place that is clean, offers a daily breakfast, is centrally located (meaning you can walk to any of these locations) to the Vatican, Piazza di Spagna, Piazza de Popolo, The Panteon, Castel Sant'Angelo, Campo di Fiori, Piazza Novana and Villa Borghese, that this is the hotel for you. <BR>It should cost you a little more than $100 per night (around $150) but it is well worth the extra money. <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 26th, 2000, 10:26 AM
Catherine

Robert, <BR> <BR>My husband I are going to Italy in March <BR>and I booked the hotels over the internet. The sites I used are travelscape.com and www.venere.it/italy.html. Hope this helps.

Old Feb 26th, 2000, 12:47 PM
Jennifer

You might want to take a look at www.natravel.com. They have some good deals on some hotels in europe. I found a great on that site when I went to madrid last month. Hope that helps!