Reload this Page >

Hotels in Rome $$

Search

Hotels in Rome $$

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 04:37 PM
janice m. garrison

Hotels in Rome $$

We want 5 nights in Rome and don't want to spend the budget there. Please help me find central hotel on the cheap, but not dirty. Thanks, JGarrison <BR>

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 06:37 PM
Rex

Hi, Janice! <BR> <BR>How was Zurich? <BR> <BR>Chances are I offended you on the last post, so I don't know if my credibility is lost with you or not. <BR> <BR>Seeing your name here again DID prompt me to look back at previous posts you've made here and I see you are frequently planning last minute trips and seeking advice here (looks like you actually take some or most of these trips - - and perhaps have to forego others). Sounds appealing, and I'm sorry I scoffed at your whirlwind trip to Zurich. I for one would be interested to know more about Delta Escape. <BR> <BR>Not sure what you want (3 star with rooftop garden? or cheap? or both?), but there was an excellent recent review of mid-range hotels which I referenced here before (www.latimes.com - - "When in Rome..." by Susan Spano 9/26/99). <BR> <BR>I'll be glad to add my own perspectives if you want to write me. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 06:40 PM
Pamela

We have recently returned from Rome and stayed at the Hotel Campo de' Fiori.It was veey centrally located, we walked to the Vatican, Forum, Spanish Steps, all the sights. It ran aboout 110-120 an night USD. There are also several other hotels near by that were less. Check Frommer's, Italy from $50 a day for a great reference, numbers and faxes. The Campo's fax number is 06/6/-76-003.They spoke excellent Eglish, had a goos breakfast, a roof top graden that was incredible and the market was right out the front door practically! Lot's of good restaurants nearby also.All the rooms are small but unique, and beyond clean! Ask for one that does not face the street as there is some early morning noise . E-mail if you need more. Pam

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 07:28 PM
REX

REX, WE HAVE BEEN TO EUROPE 10 TIMES THIS YEAR. SO WHEN I ASKFOR INFO,I USUALLY NEED IT. WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND WHERE YOU HAVE TRAVELED. JMG <BR>

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 07:43 PM
Rex

Janice, <BR> <BR>Westerville, Ohio <BR> <BR>Sure... let's write - - I've already sent the first volley. <BR> <BR>Rex

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 07:56 PM
janice m. garrison

Rex, Perhaps I am being chicken, but we have a choice of Amsterdam orRome on Delta Escape for the weekend. I have almost decided to go back to Amsterdam where I feel comfort and can let go for a few days. I usually stay at the same hotel in the same room. Habit goes a long way . Have you been to Amsterdam?? It is a great city to walk in and explore. Later, Jmgarrison <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 08:28 PM
Rex

What!?!?!? <BR> <BR>This from a woman who said "I have been there 4 times and was relieved of my purse once, but otherwise feel safe there" <BR> <BR>Gee, I was just about to write a post, complimenting you on your ability to "get over it"! <BR> <BR>But as for the choice itself - - well I'm sure both can be great this time of year. I have never been to Europe in December (well, yes, take that back - - London once) so I don't know how either city "dresses up" for Christmas. <BR> <BR>But break those habits, madam! <BR> <BR>Where is your favorite hotel in A-dam anyway? Ever been to the Pulitzer? <BR> <BR>Won-der-ful place! (and no, I don't always stay in high roller places like this!) <BR> <BR>Take me with you - - I'll go either place! <BR> <BR>Rex

Old Nov 30th, 1999, 03:10 AM
Mike Miller

Janice, we stayed at the Hotel Italia in Oct and it was perfect. It is right off of Via Natzionale about 5 blocks from the Termini station. We payed 160,000 lire per nite (cash only - 20,000 more for charge). Their E-mail Address: [email protected] <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 30th, 1999, 09:24 AM
Paulo

In Rome you should look for location. The area we best like to stay is Campo de' Fiori. There are two 2-star hotels that should run from Lit 170,000 to Lit 190,000 in low season: <BR>-Hotel Campo de' Fiori (Via del Biscione 6, Tel. +39 06 68806865/6874886, Fax. +39 06 6876003/68309036) <BR>-Albergo del Sole (Via del Biscione 76, Tel. +39 06 68806873/6879446/68805258/6893784, Fax. +39 06 6893787, email [email protected], web page http://home.venere.it/roma/sole/) <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Dec 1st, 1999, 11:29 PM
lisa

Janice <BR> <BR>If you want really cheap accommodation don't book anywhere. My husband and I walked out of the train station (to the right) and an elderly gentleman asked if we wanted a room. The hotel was in the street next to the station. We went with him and met his wife, who gave us a nice, QUIET and tidy room for only 70,000 lire per night. As we were Eurailing it was convenient to be next to the station (about five minute walk away). Not to mention the cheap price! <BR>His wife's name is Rosa which is the name of the hotel (is actually the entire floor of an apartment. I forgot to mention this was in Sept. so I'm sure the price would still be around the same cost. <BR>Lisa