Search

Hotels in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Rome

My family of four will be visiting Rome at the end of November. We will be there three nights, and mainly want to see the ruins and the Vatican. Can someone recommend good hotel values that are convenient to those locations?
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 07:18 PM

Try Hotel Santanna that's close to the Vatican.

You need to decide which area you want to stay because the ruins (Colosseum I guess you mean?) are not right next to the Vatican.

Have a short but fun vacation!
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 07:05 AM

For the value and a family of 4 i would recommend an apartment. A lot of them are only for a min. of 3 nights. Best advice i got from this board!! Find something in the Centro Storico(Historic Centre) it is so centrally located . Piazza Navonna, Pantheon, Campo de Fiori etc. Vatican is an easy 15 min. walk and plenty of bus'es to the ruins.(what ruins are you interested in?)Our apartment was right off of Piazza Navonna, Pallazzo Olivia and had a shuttle tour ( Green LineTours)very close to the apartment to catch.It is a panoramic city bus tour of 90 minutes which you can hop on and off as much as you want.It quite possibly it has the areas of interest you are looking for.
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 07:55 AM

Our family stayed in a quad (2 room suite) at Santa CHiara. We were pleased with boththe hotel and the locaiton (behind the Pantheon).
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 06:14 PM

We stayed at the Cesari in Rome near the Pantheon. Walked to everything. Reasonable and comfortable.
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 06:29 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Alimandi half a block from the entrance to the Vatican Museum. We had two adjacent rooms that were simple but very clean. They have airport pick-up (at certain times only) and a wonderful buffet breakfast. I would not hestitate to return.
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 06:44 PM

Glad you enjoyed staying at the Cesari thorspecken! It is wonderfully located.

Other well-regarded hotels in centro storico that's covenient to everything are Albergo del Senato, Santa Chiara, Nazionale.
Old Oct 29th, 2003, 04:36 AM

Hi dauerbach
it would be easier to recommend a hotel if you could say what price you have in mind as a good value.
I am a big fan of the Santa Chiara myself, and to me it is moderately priced, but to others it could be considered expensive.

I think you might also want to look into walking tour agencies: Scala Reale (I'm a big fan) or Enjoy Rome or Through Eternity, or...
They can help you with tours of the Colosseum/Form and of the Vatican.