Hotels in Provence?

Search

Hotels in Provence?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Provence?

I'm looking for a place to stay in St. Remy de Provence. We will be spending probably about 9 nights there, using it as a base to explore the Provence region. One in particular I have found is the Hostellerie le Chalet Fleuri. It seems nice from pictures but I was wondering if anyone has any reviews. It seems much is already booked in the area so I don't have a huge amount of options. There are some wonderful reviews of hotels on here in the area, but some that I'd otherwise be interested in (mas de cornud, mas de carassins, Le Vallon de Valrugues) that have available rooms are quite expensive. Hostellerie le Chalet Fleuri is quite a bit less expensive, but that makes me wonder if there's something I should know about it.

If anyone has any opinions please let me know. Is it necessary to stay within walking distance of the city as well? We'll have a rental, and again will be making day trips to places in the area.

Thanks again!
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 11:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I stayed in the center of town at l'Hotel Les Atelier de L'Images. It was once a mover theater. Once inside you would never know you were intown. Out back the Alpilles look down at you, pool, labyrinth, vegetable garden and a suite that is built into a tree.
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 11:19 AM

If you re-post your question with St-Rémy in the title you'll get more responses; Provence is a very large region.
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 12:05 PM

Le-Mas-des-Carassins, a stone's throw outside of St-Remy, is a lovely stone farmhouse. We stayed there for a week while touring that area of Provence. Glanum is very close by, with Arles about a 40-minute drive.
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 01:46 PM

We stayed at the charming Hotel Sous Les Figuiers. We requested a room with a private terrace that led to a garden -lovely & serene! It does have private parking on the property & its location is convenient to come & go by car on daytrips.

www.hotel-charme-provence.com
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM

My choice is Canto Cigalo, a short walk outside the town centre. We stayed there twice and really enjoyed it. http://www.cantocigalo.com/ Good luck with the trip.