hotels in Prague

Nov 13th, 2002, 05:43 PM
paulette

hotels in Prague

My husband, 14 year old daughter and I will be traveling to Prague in August, I am interested in hotel suggestions in the 3-4 star range. Thanks, Paulette

Nov 13th, 2002, 05:56 PM
BillJ

Do a search here on Prague, you will discover a wealth of info and recommendations. I've only been there once, and would recommend U Pava, a quality hotel in Mala Strana, just a block or so from the Charles Bridge. About a block the other way is the tram stop that can take you up to Prague Castle. The Delux room on the top floor had a beautiful view of the Castle lit up at night. It is on a very quiet street across from a beautiful park. U Pava means under the peacock. Guess what bird will wake you up in the morning.
The breakfast, included, is very good and enough to hold you quite a while. The rooms are elegant, and the bathroom very modern and clean.
The hotel is a member of the Romantic chain of European quality hotels. We recommend most enthusiastically.

Nov 18th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Carroll

We were in Prague the end of October and stayed at the Maxmilian and were very pleased with the hotel and its location. There is information on it on this site and also in Fodor's Rants and Raves.

Nov 18th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Linda

We stayed at the Pension Balbin, now called Guesthouse Balbin. It is near the Muzeum Metro & Wenceslas Square and on the top floors of an apartment building with locked door to outside so safe, elevator after 1st flight. You get a very good buffet breakfast, shower & toilet in room, clean, skylights, helpful English-speaking staff, 5-10 minute walk to just about anywhere you want to go, and is very reasonably priced. The lady at AVE recommended it and we were most pleased. You can read about it at www.avetravel.cz or nethotels.com

Nov 19th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Heather

Paulette,

We stayed at Hotel Metamorphis and loved it. It was a perfect central location with a big, clean room. We ate at a seafood restaurant next door and had one of our favorite meals- St. Peter's fish... fabulous, but pricey for Prague.