Reload this Page >

Hotels in Paris and Rome

Search

Hotels in Paris and Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 07:41 AM
Christina

Hotels in Paris and Rome

Can anyone recommend good hotels in Paris and Rome? My husband and I will be in Paris in early September for three nights and in Rome for three nights in late September. We are looking for something around $100.00/night or so and somewhere with a good location and prefer a relaxed atmosphere- something "local". Thanks for any help

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 08:06 AM
Book Chick

Hi Christina, <BR>There are a lot of good hotels in the 7th arrondisement of Paris, which is very close to the Eiffel Tower, yet very residential. We're staying at the Grand Hotel Leveque in October at under your budget. Other hotels in the area that may meet your requirements are the Duquesne, the Champs de Mars, & the Muguet. <BR> <BR>In Rome, you may want to check out a small place between the Spanish Steps & the Fountain of Trevi called Casa Howard. Their web site is www.casahoward.com They only have 5 rooms, though. <BR>Best Wishes for A Great Trip, <BR>BC

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 09:56 AM
Christina

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 10:25 AM
Capo

Hi Christina. You may find this useful: the March 2001 issue of National Geographic Traveler magazine has an excellent article on "22 Great Paris Hotels for Less Than $100." <BR> <BR>I think it's only available in the print edition; you can order past issues by calling 800-777-2800.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 03:38 PM
Jay

Christina, <BR>In Rome, try the Hotel Sant'Angelo. It is located very near the Castello Sant' Angelo and is reasonably priced. Family run, father and son both speak English and were very helpful, breakfast included. Smallish, but clean rooms, good beds, private bathrooms. <BR> <BR>Hotel Sant' Angelo <BR>Via M. Dionigi, 16 <BR>00193 Roma <BR>phone: 06-3242000 <BR>fax: 06-3204451 <BR> <BR>You can fax them in english and they will reply in english - they were very responsive to my inquiries. <BR> <BR>Have fun!

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:11 PM
Nancy

In Rome try the Residenza San Pantaleo (http://www.residenzasanpantaleo.com). It cost us about $95.00 for a great good room, right in the centre of the Centro Historico. <BR> <BR>In Paris, I like the Champs Du Mars, but book ahead. It's very popular and not very big.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 07:01 PM
pam

Christina: <BR>Just got back from Rome. I stayed at the Due Torri. It is a lovely little hotel and in a very quiet location for Rome, yet very central to main attractions. <BR>The staff were very helpful and the price is right.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 05:26 PM
Karen

I stayed at the Teatro de Pompeo and thought it was great. On a quiet square near the Piazza Navona and all its activity, we had a quiet room facing the back of the hotel. The rooms were large and modern and very reasonable. <BR>I'd go back again.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 08:46 PM
Lupe

Christina, <BR> <BR>We liked the Hotel Dacia Luxembourg in the Latin Quarter. The rooms are small but nicely furnished. Rooms have AC and have newly remodeled bathrooms with bathtubs (rare in Europe!). They are just under $100/night. They are also located right around the corner from 3 different metro stops and just two blocks from Notre Dame. <BR> <BR>Have fun!

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 09:18 AM
Karen

Just got back (loved it, loved it!) and stayed at the Hotel Clement, 6 Rue Clement in the 6th. Two star, with air-conditioning (and we needed it) hairdryers and a great location . Across the street from Marche Saint Germain, around the corner from two metro stops. Spotlessly clean...I would stay there again in a minute.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 09:39 AM
Deb

Christina, <BR>September is very, very busy in Paris and Rome and most hotels get booked very far in advance. I would get on this immediately if you want a decent, reasonably priced place to stay. <BR>GOOD LUCK !!!!!