HOTELS IN PARIS

Jan 18th, 1998, 10:02 PM
Dan

HOTELS IN PARIS

We are going to Paris in early Oct., can anyone suggest good, clean, safe hotel rooms under $75.00 (450FF).

Jan 19th, 1998, 04:07 AM
greg

It will not be less than Ff450, more like Ff500, but we like the Hotel de Nice, 42 bis rue de Rivoli.
It is well located on the edge of the marais, and on the main metro line through Louvre, Tuileries, Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, La Defense.
Not luxurious but quite clean with en suite shower/toilette and staff were friendly

Jan 22nd, 1998, 05:42 PM
Joel

Yes, I can. I'm American and work for a French company. In the past few years quite a few of our employees travelling between the US and our home office in central France have started to favor the Hotel Muguet (Moo-gay) on rue Chevert. It's extremely well located on a quiet street that runs between the Ecole Militaire and Les Invalides. Excellent neighborhood (7th Arr., Faubourg St. Germain) on major Metro routes, good brasseries (try the one at Place de l'Ecole Militaire). Price is 490 FF. Address: 17 rue Chevert .

Feb 12th, 1998, 09:01 AM
Katie Miller

Sometimes it's better to stay away from the major tourist areas to get better rates. I used to live right on the edge of Paris in Boulogne. There are some very inexpensive, quaint, and very accommodating hotels in that area for less than $75.00 a night. I remember getting a rate of $55.00 a night for my parents when they came to visit me at the hotel "Bijou" in Boulogne. There is a metro stop just around the corner "Marcel Sembat" that takes you directly into Paris. Boulogne is where the French Open is located, chateau de Rothschild is there, it is also close to the city of Versailles where the chateau de Versailles is located (travel by RER/train). If you look on a map of Paris, you'll see Boulogne at the bottom left hand corner (southwest) just next to the city. The bus or metro ride to say.....the eiffel tower is 5 - 10 minutes, to Champs-Elysees about 10 minutes, 15 - 20 minute ride to central Paris. It's really safe. (Bois de Boulogne, which is directly north is an area to steer clear of at night, but that is really not in the same vicinity). Email me if you have any specific questions.

Jun 24th, 2001, 11:19 AM
Dan

Thanks Joel, we'll give the Muguet a try.