Hotels in Madrid & Seville

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Janet

Hotels in Madrid & Seville

Recommend hotels in Madrid & Seville end of March to beginning of April

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Janet

I will be coming to Madrid at the end of March and then going to Seville after about 3 days. I need hotels that will accomodate my two teens and my husband and myself. It seems the rooms are all twin-size. I was hoping not to have to get two rooms. Any suggestions? In Seville, it will be just 3 people. Thank you

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Elaine

We stayed in Sevilla last March in Las Casas dela Juderia and it was wonderful. 3 star. About $170 a night. Lots of atmosphere and very peaceful. Great location to see everything. There are comments on this site but it was recommended to us from the college prof who sponsored the study abroad program are daughter was enrolled in. There is one room that has two bedrooms to it - a double in one room and twins in the other. They may be able to sleep 3 in a room in another room 95/441 54 50 (phone) email is [email protected] <BR>

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 03:18 AM
olga

Dear Janet,<BR><BR>Yes, Las Casas de la Juder&iacute;a has a two bedroom suite for about $179 in the<BR>early April period.<BR>The double room with an extra bed costs will be about $135.<BR>It´s a beautiful hotel, I worked there for about 5 years, and you can´t beat the location. If you´ll be driving, just make sure you ask them for detailed directions by fax.<BR><BR>If you will be in Seville the week from <BR>March 24 to March 30, the rates pretty much double, and they probably are full already.It´s the peak season, Holy Week.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 05:36 AM
rex

Check out the Melia hotels in Madrid...very nice and large rooms. Search for Melia hotels (they are world wide) and pick Madrid and go from there

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 08:39 AM
BM

I also recommand Las Casas de la Juder&iacute;a. It's one of the most charming hotels I've been in. Get a room facing the inner courtyard though, as the noise from the streets can get a bit loud.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 03:50 PM
Janet

Thanks so much. Now I'm not sure whether to book my trip through a travel agent or by myself. The information I am getting here is so helpful. Thanks again.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 05:17 PM
CathyM

Janet:<BR>I went to Spain in October and booked hotels in 8 cities without one problem. It was less expensive than going through an agent and I got to choose exactly what I wanted instead of relying on the agent's personal choice and a markup for commission. I used a variety of sources for initial information: Fodors, Frommers, Rick Steves, along with BB postings. I used hotelsearch.com for alot of my internet research and it was great. Other than one hotel, Hotel Don Juan in Ronda, I was able to book everything via the internet. I faxed Hotel Don Juan my information and it was fine also. I attached the form that "the infamous" Rick Steves has on his web site and book but altered it for myself. I requested in my comments section a room with a balcony or view, if possible. It all went flawless. I took my confirmation emails along with the rates with me just in case there were problems though.<BR><BR>By the way, in Sevilla we stayed at Las Casas de la Juderia and it was one of the best places we stayed. Our room was beautiful and the gardens smelled of jasmine - what a wonderful scent to wake up to and come back to every day. It may be very difficult to secure any room in Sevilla for Easter at this point though. We had one room with 2 twin beds and another room with a couch, 2nd TV, and reading area. There would have been plenty of room for a third person.<BR><BR>In Madrid we stayed at the Hotel Reina Victoria in Plaza Santa Ana. The location was excellent but I was not at all impressed with the hotel. Check in staff were very rude, room was OK but nothing special, breakfast included was very good though. I guess I prefer places with more charm and didn't get that feeling there. Next time I'd stay in another place around the area - plenty of hostels to choose from especially closer to Puerta del Sol. <BR><BR>Hope this helps. Have a wonderful trip - we may pass each other at the airport!<BR><BR>