Hotels in London/Paris/Nice

Old Mar 27th, 2000, 01:07 PM
Kelly

Hotels in London/Paris/Nice

I am a first time traveller to Europe, have 12 days to see London, Paris and South of France. Has anyone done this circuit?

Meeting a friend over there, need to find clean and reasonable accommodation in safe area in these locations. We want more than a hostel, but not the Ritz! And somewhere fun! Help!

Any advice on the best way to make reservations would be helpful. Thanks!

Old Mar 27th, 2000, 04:50 PM
Diane

This is my second attempt to respond to this post -- I hope it shows only once.

Try www.hotelboulevard.com
for Paris. We were very happy booking through them. We stayed at Hotel Daguerre and thought it an excellent find at 470 francs, with private bathroom. It's a 2* hotel that deserves 3*. Also, rue Daguerre is a wonderful street.

We stayed in Antibes, one town over from Nice, at L'Auberge Provencale in the old town. You should be able to get a room there for well under $100. They have a couple of rooms that are huge, also under $100, with private bathrooms. Antibes is much more charming than Nice.

Old Mar 28th, 2000, 03:44 AM
Paul

Hotel Westminster in Nice on the promenade ($170), and it worse it.
Restaurant Brasserie Flo for a French feeling.

Old Mar 28th, 2000, 05:26 AM
Jen

Stayed at thee London Guards hotel in London near baywater tube stop. Fun area lots of coffee houses, bakeries, small places to eat. It is a small hotel with big rooms and includes a light breakfast for reasonable rate. We had a trip and paid $140 US.

Old Mar 28th, 2000, 05:41 AM
Carol

I booked a charming hotel for the end of May in the center of Nice (4-5 blocks from the beach, vieux Nice, and shops)through Travelocity and got a very good rate. The hotel is the Bleu Marine Victoria and I got a deluxe single (queen size bed)for 505 francs ($75)/night. You can see pix on www.france.com which you can book through as well, but I can't vouch for their service. I confirmed my reservation by fax with the hotel.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 07:27 AM
Sheryl

In Paris we stayed at the Hotel france Louvre. It is at 40 Rue de Rivoli. It was clean and very well located. We were within walking distance of many of the major sites. There are several little bakeries right nearby for great breakfasts. It is on a very busy street but the rooms were VERY quiet, had private baths and best of all Air-conditioned! We paid 760FF per night which at the time we went was about $100 a night. If you plan to be out and about most of the time and aren't looking for deluxe accommodations I would highly recommend this hotel. Fax No. 01 42 71 04 74. Also find them on at www.paris.org

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 07:28 PM
Barbara

In Nice, the Hotel Durante is lovely, two blocks from the train station but off the street with a lovely quiet courtyard. I've stayed there off and on for over 15 years. In Paris the Hotel de l'Avenir is lovely - 65 rue Madame(fax011.33. 01.45.49.26.80) quiet and just by the Luxembourg Gardens. In London we stay at the Kensington Court Apartments(fax 011.44.171.938.5312)