Reload this Page >

Hotels in Florence and Lucca

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Jack

Hello fine people,<BR>I am going to Florence (four nights) and Lucca (four nights)in about a week's time but haven't, as yet, finalised all the accommodation. <BR>Florence- I have booked the Hotel Montebello Splendid but am unsure about it as I have read only a handful of customer reviews and none were very specific. <BR>Lucca- I have the option of Hotel Rex, San Marco or Hotel (Albergo) Celide. All have relevant availablity (there are three of us-Hotel Rex has a triple room, the other two have a twin and a single); my heart says the Hotel Celide because its nearer the city walls than San Marco, and seems, from the very few pictures on the website, to have more character than the Rex. <BR>If anyone has stayed at the Montebello or the Celide, I would most appreciate some help. <BR>I'll repay you... do you like doughnuts? We could have doughnuts together....or bratwurst. It'll be nice. Just like old times. I'll give you anything. Just help me etc.. <BR>

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Fast Freddy

I'm planning to stay at the Hotel Montebello Splendid on my honeymoon in two weeks. Every review I've read both professional and amateur has been positive. I'll post back a review when I return in September. Hope it helps (and if you are offering doughnuts, they have to be Krispy Kremes).

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Jack

Thanks Freddy.<BR>Sadly I'll be back from my trip before you...so as much as i'd like to find out how the hotel was for you, my lack of time travelling powers will make the information rather ineffective. Hope the wedding/honeymoon goes well though. Remember- not ALL women like like to covered in salsa. This may prove useful.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 08:00 AM
sandi

I stayed 2 nights at SanMarco Hotel in Lucca in '99. I was very nice. The decor was very modern and clean. The front desk was wonderfully helpful with suggestions of restaraunts. The rooms were clean and a little sparse but very comfortable. At the time, it was about $60.-70. (US) per night for 2.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Fast Freddy

Thanks for the tip about the salsa, Jack. I was just about to buy a case for the honeymoon! Now I can save my money for the honeymoon instead.<BR><BR>BTW, when will you be in Florence? We are staying there from August 24 to 31st.<BR><BR>Oh yeah, and what about my Krispy Kreme?

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Jack

Freddy- I'm going on the 13th to 17th, so hopefully I'll be able to tell you about it before I get back.<BR>C'mon people...rumour has it that if you help me with my query, as a prize, the president will make an inept remark. No wait..... <BR>