Reload this Page >

Hotels in Florence

Search

Hotels in Florence

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 1997, 07:11 PM
Carolyn Keurajian

Hotels in Florence

My husband and I are planning a last minute trip to Italy and would like to stay in Florence for a few days. We are looking for an inexpensive, yet clean and safe hotel to stay in - a place with charm would be a plus. Any suggestions? Are there parts of Florence that I should stay away from?

Old May 5th, 1997, 12:42 PM
A. Vranas

My husband and I were in Florence in June 1995 and stayed in the Hotel Albion. It was inexpensive and safe. It is family-owned and has beautiful artwork throughout. Our receipt shows the phone number as (055) 214171-293343-268383-283391. The address is Via il Prato, 22-R - 50123. Hope you have as good a time as we did!

Old May 8th, 1997, 10:45 AM
Neal Sanders

We stayed at the Hotel Quisisana e Ponte Vecchio, located on the Arno between the Uffizi and the Ponte Vecchio. That was three years ago, and we subsequently read that the hotel had been damaged in the car bomb blast that went off in the alley behind the Uffizi. Assuming repairs were made (we inquired and were told that the hotel would re-open by mid-1996), the Quisisana e Ponte Vecchio may well be the quintessential "room with a view" in Florence, especially if you can request and get one of the rooms on the third or fourth floor, facing south, that are above the Medici walkway. It is not a luxury hotel; the furnishings were sturdy but spare and the bathroom, well, small. But the glory was throwing open the shutters in the morning and seeing all of Florence before you. That's my recommendation!

Old May 11th, 1997, 02:41 PM
Norma Wood

My husband and I also have stayed at the Quisisana (sp?) e Ponte Vecchio. Great location! Right on the Arno with a loggia/balcony overlooking the Ponte Vecchio. The other recommendation where we have stayed in Florence is Hotel La Scaletta, Via Guicciardini 13 black, 50125 Firenze, up the street from the Ponte Vecchio next the AMEX office and just a couple of doors from the Boboli Garden at the Pitti Palace. tel. 283028, fax 289562 (at least those were the numbers in 1995). English spoken. Either of these lodging would be very convenient to the tourist areas of Florence and neither were outrageously expensive. Buon Viaggio!

Old May 31st, 1997, 12:46 PM
Stefano Rimoldi

I lived (and studied) in Florence for many years.
The town is very safe, everywhere. The only
problem, too many turists around...
I can suggest the Hotel Classic (out of Porta Romana) ten minutes walking to the centre.
tel.++55 229351 fax 229353.
If you have car, very nice and quite is Hotel Villa
Natalia (Via Bolognese) ten minutes far from the
towncentre by bus.
tel. ++55 490773 fax 470773