Reload this Page >

Hotels in Cortona

Search

Hotels in Cortona

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 02:14 PM
Susan

Hotels in Cortona

Looking for a good hotel for June in Cortona? Anyone recommend one. I would like to be in town, or very close. Thanks! <BR>Susan Orwig

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 02:33 PM
geo.

We stayed at San Luca last Nov. It's at a gate to the town-everything is in easy walking distance-we stayed in a room w/a balcony and an incredible view of the Val di Chiana.Sitting on that balcony sipping tuscan wine at sunset is a fond memory.Our second visit in 2 years

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 02:34 PM
Sue

I plan to stay at the Hotel San Michele at the end of March, on the recommendation of several guidebooks. For a description, see www.cortona.net or www.karenbrown.com/italy. People on this board have recommended the Hotel San Luca as well.

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 01:32 PM
jennifer

Hi, I picked up a brochure from the San Michele last fall. It looked beautiful and is very well located; just off the main townsquare. The email address on the brochure is [email protected]. I would make sure that you and your suitcases are dropped off at the hotel door if possible. Cortona has some steep streets and this hotel is towards the top of one! Of course you are packing lightly - right?

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 06:04 AM
Beth

I didn't stay there, but the San Michelle certainly looked nice from the outside, and the location is excellent. I think they will let you drive your car up the hill to drop off the luggage, but then you have to park outside the walls. There's a great restaurant next door, whose name escapes me, but I can look it up for you. We had an excellent meal there.

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 02:03 PM
Susan

Thanks everyone for your replies. San Michele is booked up for part of my stay there in June, so I will probably try San Luca. Can't wait! <BR>Susan