Reload this Page >

hotels in Cortina d'Ampezzo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 01:46 PM
Barbara

Looking for a 3-4 star hotel during ski season (Feb-March) in Cortina, a little romantic. Any recommendations? Are we better staying in town or on the outskirts? We have been to Italy before, but never skiing! And should we take half-board?<BR>Thanks

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Wayne

Barbara---<BR>I've stayed downtown in Cortina at the Hotel de la Poste and enjoyed it thoroughly. They do have an excellent restaurant, and I'm sure half board would be very enjoyable. The hotel is in a very nice location, a short walking distance to shops, restaurants, and the lovely cathedral. Get a room with a balcony and enjoy the fantastic view across the mountains.

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 09:29 AM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Barbara<BR>Many years ago we stayed at a very nice<BR>but old hotel called the AMPEZZO, via XXIX Maggio, 15, which is a three star<BR>hotel with 78 rooms. Rooms were fair<BR>in size and the bathroom adjoining was<BR>as big as the bedroom., our room had<BR>a small balcony over the front entrance<BR>which was rather nice. Also recall<BR>it had a pretty good dining room for the<BR>half-board. Cortina has a few ristorantes but mostly rather on the high scale...Would stay in town as its center is a bit interesting for browsing..<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..<BR>

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 02:30 PM
chris

I'd also recommend the Hotel de la Poste; we had a great time there, food was very good.

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 05:04 PM
Barbara

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations. We couldn't get into any of those hotels in March, so we have changed our trip to the end of January, and hopefully will have better success. I hope the weather will be good at that time!

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 08:33 AM
Dayle

Hi Barbara, just in case you missed it in the other post - we stayed at the Grand Hotel Savoia in Cortina. a 4 star, very European and excellent food. Location and views are awesome!