hotels in brugges

Old Aug 18th, 1999, 05:42 PM
tom

hotels in brugges

any suggestions of a resonable hotel in brugges. i am going in may of 2000. thanks in advance

Old Aug 18th, 1999, 05:46 PM
D.Spiegel

Check out
http://www.brugge.be
I stayed at the Hotel Jacobs and was quite pleased with it.

Old Aug 18th, 1999, 07:04 PM
wes fowler

Tom,
I recommend a charming hotel in Brugges in the northeast section of the city. The "Ter Duinen" is a small, family run, eighteen-room hotel that radiates charm, as do its young proprietors, Marc and Lieve. Rooms are large, immaculate, pleasantly furnished and with private baths. Breakfasts, included in the room cost, are sumptuous: orange juice, eggs, meats, cheese, breads and croissants, fresh fruit and excellent coffee.

The hotel is situated on a lovely canal just inside the city's ring canal and easily accessible by car. There is free on street parking and a bus stop to Center City and the train station immediately in front of the building. (All of the hotel windows are triple paned; there's no street noise within as a result.) It's only a ten or fifteen minute walk to the city center. Since parking in Center City is nigh on impossible, take the bus or walk. Brugges is particularly conducive to walking since it's such a relatively small place with everything of interest concentrated in a ten or twelve square block area.

Marc will probably provide you with an "Advantage Card" when you check in.
If not, ask for one. It provides discounts to admissions at the city's museums.

Our room, for the three of us for six nights cost 29000 Belgian francs, about $125.00 a night. The room, for two should be somewhat less expensive. Word of warning: Marc is reluctant to accept the American Express card and Eurocheques because of the high commissions involved. We cashed travelers checks at a bank, paid in Belgian francs and got a slight discount as a result.

Contact Marc, who speaks excellent English by the way, by phone at 050-33-0437, by FAX at 050-34-4216 or by Email at [email protected].

Check the hotel's website:www.terduinenhotel.be/

I've stayed in the room pictured on the rate page and breakfasted in the dining room. Both overlook the lovely canal; both are truly exactly as pictured.

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 02:49 AM
Carl

Don't stay at the Great Western Navarra, it's got a good location, but the rooms are very small, and I found the reception staff officious and unhelpful.

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 05:07 AM
kathy

Tom, we took Wes Fowler's recommendation this past May and were very pleased. The hotel is exactly as pictured, and the rooms are large and comfortable. The setting is picture perfect - with the canal as your front yard. We passed other hotels during our stay in Brugges, but we were glad we picked Ter Duinen for our magical stay. Keep in mind that the early part of May this year had two holidays which closed many of the sights and stores (May 1, May 8, and Ascension Thursday). Enjoy!

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 06:48 AM
anne

Our favorite in beautiful Brugges is t/Bourgoensche Cruyce, located on a canal in one of the most picturesque spots in the heart of the old town-41 Wollestraat. Phone 011-32-50-33-79-26. Doubles were under $100 in Feb. 98. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated, the dining room as well -lots of old shiny copper pots on the walls, fresh flowers, beamed ceiling. Spectacular view out over the canal, with spires of the ancient buildings in the background.