Reload this Page >

Hotels in Barcelona

Search

Hotels in Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 10:55 AM
lct

Hotels in Barcelona

Does anyone know if there is something going on in Barcelona in the 1st two weeks of March that most of the hotels are all booked up? I will be arriving there on March. 9 and so far haven't gotten much luck in budget accomodation reservations. Hope I won't have problem finding a place to stay once there.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 11:01 PM
bruce davidson

there are plenty of dumpy hotels rooms in 'bore'celona. don't worry. i just hope you know where the main train station is because your going to need it let me tell ya.

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 03:08 AM
xxx

I would continue to work at it. Perhaps you may want to send a fax to the Tourist Information Office. We met several English speaking people there. <BR>We went last March and had a horrific time getting a room as a large convention was in town. Everyday we had to pack up our belongings and be ready to exit if the hotel needed to fulfill reservations. And the rooms were at least 25% higher than the previous week! <BR>Good Luck!

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 03:30 AM
Terry

Try using Barcelona Online <BR>www.barcelona-on-line.es <BR>- we booked accommodation through them about 18 months ago, and it was very successful. It was during the Merce - their main festival, and yet they still managed to find somewhere for us. It's run by the Spanish tourist board.

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 10:31 AM
phyllis

There is the Terrasa jazz festival going on from March 3 - April 1 in a small town (Terrassa) just south of Barcelona. Perhaps this has something to do with hotel availability. Good luck - I'm going to the festival, I hear it's great and the nearby Dali museum well worth the trip. Anyone else been there?

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 11:44 AM
d

I just booked a hotel online for JULY, and my first 2 choices were BOOKED. <BR> <BR>Try hoteldiscounts.com They were wonderful. <BR> <BR>good luck <BR> <BR>d

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 01:05 PM
kathy

I had a horrible time finding a hotel for a weekend last July -- this is seemingly the constant state of affairs for Barcelona. <BR> <BR>btw -- speaking of the Dali museum: we were disappointed to find it closed on either Sunday or Monday. check your scheduling...