Hotels in Athens Center

Search

Hotels in Athens Center

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Athens Center

Looking for hotel suggestions (price range no more than 80Euro per night) in the Center of Athens that do not require full payment at booking. I would like to just hold the rooms with a credit card until we get closer to October. We need 3 rooms with king size beds. Should I be worried about finding a hotel right now if our trip is not until the first of October. Typically I like to have reservations made at least 6 months prior to arrival, but I'm having to readjust my hotel and trip itinerary for Greece.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 10:24 AM

Why don't you try www.booking.com ?
There you can see if a hotel allows free cancellation.
This changes so often, that checking it directly is your only relaible source.

I doubt there will be any hotels in that price range with king size beds, this size is not at all common in Greece, and only higher category hotels have them ,most of them belonging to international chains.

Bookings made directly with travel agents have a much shorter cancellation policy.

In Greece accorrding to law, any hotel booking can be cancelled free of charge up 21 days before the arrival.
However Athenisn hotels allow a cancellation free of charge 2 days before arrival, if booking was made through a local travel agency.
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 10:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I used the booking.com site for 7 0f 9 stops in Spain last September.

As clausar said, make sure you have the 'free cancellation' option.

As we got closer to our trip, perhaps three weeks away, I continued to check prices for what seemed like the same room and if it was cheaper, cancelled the first reservation and re-booked.

I was able to do that twice for the same room at a cheaper price.

In addition, the reviews are reliable.
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 10:54 AM

Makeithappen, have a look at rooms in this hotel: http://athenscypria.com/Rooms/Superior-Room, which might come close to your price range. I've stayed in the Superior and Luxury rooms, which have king sized beds. When I've booked rooms at the Cypria they didn't charge my credit card until checkout.
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone....can you suggest a local travel agency that I can use? My husband and the other men in our group are well over 6 feet so bed size is important for comfort so we may need to negotiate on the price.

I will look at booking.com as well and Heimdall thanks for the hotel link, I will take a look at it.
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 11:31 AM

We also stayed at the Cypria. Great location. I am 6'3". But I don't mind if my knees bend.
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 11:33 AM

I think the big problem is the king-size bed requirement … most budget hotels (and 80E is in the budget category) have mainly double beds, a few Queen-size. Only places I've seen with King beds are deluxe 4 or 5 star. Not like USA where u can go to Motel 6 or Red Roof Inn and get kings every time … but then, the Red Roof usually has a view of a thruway, not the Parthenon.