Reload this Page >

Hotels in Amsterdam

Search

Hotels in Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 1998, 06:05 AM
Jon

Hotels in Amsterdam

We're going to be spending 3 nights in Amsterdam; any suggestions on hotels. I've heard good things about The Canal House and Ambassade. Any other thoughts? Should the weather be in the 50-60's? Any other ideas on what to do or where to eat would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jul 23rd, 1998, 06:25 AM
ilisa

I would recommend the Hotel Toren on Kaizersgracht (sorry about the spelling). My husband and I stayed there about three years ago and loved it. We had a beautiful, and fairly sizable room, overlooking the canal. The service was good and the front desk staff was very helpful. I think we paid about $122 per night. The hotel is in a good location; we were able to walk everyone. It is particularly close to the Anne Frank House. We loved Amsterdam; now he is lucky enough to go back every year to play in a soccer tournament. I think the Van Gogh museum is undergoing renovations, or will be shortly. However, if it is open when you are there, go see it. You won't be disappointed. <BR>

Old Jul 23rd, 1998, 09:46 PM
Barbara

I'd agree with Ilisa, the "golden girdle" (sp?) is a lovely area. That includes the more modern(its all relative) streets (straats) of Herengracht, Keizersgracht and Prinsengracht (gracht means canal). These areas are lovely. Go ahead and rent a "canal bike" (paddle boat) we were too embarrassed I guess, but I sort of wish we had. Also go ahead and pay the extra for the CD audio guide to the art museums. like Rijksmuseum. Enjoy - what a city!

Old Jul 25th, 1998, 03:52 AM
Lizz

Jon: We stayed at Canal House and Hotel Toren in March of this year. I can second Ilisa's comments about the good service, sizeable room and friendly staff at Hotel Toren. Canal House is on the same block and is as well-appointed, friendly, etc. as Hotel Toren. And, they're on the same block on Keizersgracht! Walking time from either hotel to the Rijksmuseum was about 20-25 minutes. A great area, easy access, beautiful views. Enjoy. <BR>

Old Jul 26th, 1998, 06:28 PM
M TAylor

The Swisshotel is very modern, comfortable and convenient to train station and downtown. <BR>