Reload this Page >

Hotels in 5th or 7th arrond

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2000, 10:16 PM
Steve

Taking Mom to Paris the last week in March. Want a clean and comfortable place in the moderate (***) range. Close to a Metro stop and a bakery (mmmm fresh croissonts) Also, Mom wants a private shower. Any suggestions?

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 03:47 AM
s.fowler

I'd recommend the Derby Eiffel in the 7th. It's *** and a best Western. Private bathrooms, a block from the Ecole Militair metro station and 2 block from rue Cler where you can find croissants and more... <BR>Their website is: http://www.DerbyEiffelHotel.com/index.html

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 04:59 AM
Lori

Can't stop recommending the Hotel Familia in the 5th on the Rue des Ecoles. Close to two Metrostops and there is a bakery across the street but an even better one just down the block on Rue St. Germain. Have stayed there twice and am always very happy.

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 06:33 AM
Ellen

We stayed at the Relais Bosquet in the 7th just off Rue Cler. The room was fine and the bathroom was huge! I think we paid 800FF per night for a king size bed....the concierge was very helpful. Made a hand written list of restaurants he thought we'd like. We'd stay there again.

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 06:35 AM
Joan Mikkelsen

Steve, <BR>I've stayed several times at the Hotel de l'Universite. It's walking distance from Musee d'Orsay, Rue St. Germain, Cafe Deux Magots and Cafe Flore, right by the river. Rooms are about $150,no breakfast, but big rooms, private bath, and the personnel are very helpful. <BR>22 rue de l'universite, Paris 75007 0142610939.

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 07:34 AM
Bob B;rown

I suggest checking onthe Hotel Muguet. <BR>It is in the 7th, close to Hotel des Invalides, the Eifel Tower, and not far from Musee d'Orsay and the Louvre. <BR>It has larger rooms, for a little extra money.

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 07:44 AM
Andria

I've heard nothing but great things about Hotel du Champ de Mars in the 7th. <BR>It's only 440FF per night at most. It's well situated and meets all of your standards. I'm staying there in June with a friend of mine. I'm just waiting to hear back from the hotel to make reservations. It's supposed to have a very friendly staff as well. There have been many threads about this hotel on this forum so if you want to read more, do a search on it.

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 12:10 PM
Andria

Steve, <BR> <BR>As an addendum to my previous post: Hotel du Champ de Mars just emailed me back and they're booked for my dates in June. You could try them for March, but I'm guessing they're booked. I'm so disappointed, and now I don't know where I want to stay either. <BR>

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 01:04 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Try the Claude Bernard in the 5th. Close <BR>to Sorbonne on Rue de Ecoles and meets <BR>all of your criteria.

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 07:05 PM
steve

I have stayed at the above mentioned Hotel de L'Universite in the 7th and liked it. Our room was a decent size with high ceilings and tall windows. The location is quiet but an easy walk to lots of places. <BR>This past summer I stayed at the Hotel des Jardin du Luxembourg. The room was tiny but very nicely furnished plus it had a nice, modern bathroom. It is in the 5th ar. The staff there could not have been nicer. They were happy to help in any way. <BR>I personally like the location of L'Universite a little better, but overall I prefered the Jardin du Luxembourg. It was around 125USD per night.