Search

Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 04:15 PM
Jason

Hotels

I'm going to be in France for my honeymoon for three days, two around Paris and one in Southern France (Dordogne region). I'm trying to find inexpensive but nice hotels or anything with a private room and bathroom. I'll have a rental car but would prefer parking somewhere outside the city and taking the metro in if possible to avoid the high parking prices. So a hotel, etc. within walking distance of the metro would be perfect. Any suggestions?

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 05:39 AM
Mary Ann

We are going in September and staying at a Rick Steves recommendation that is in the 7th arrondisement near the ecole militaire metro stop. The hotel is Hotel du Champ de mars. They have a web site www.adx.fr/hotel-du-champ-de-mars. It is near Rue Cler, the pedestrian area, not far from the Eifel Tower. This is just one of many near metro stops.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 05:40 AM
Mary Ann

We are going in September and staying at a Rick Steves recommendation that is in the 7th arrondisement near the ecole militaire metro stop. The hotel is Hotel du Champ de mars. They have a web site www.adx.fr/hotel-du-champ-de-mars. It is near Rue Cler, the pedestrian area, not far from the Eifel Tower. This is just one of many near metro stops.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 05:45 AM
Joyce

You would get more replies if you would include your destination in your heading. Hotels? Where? Ethiopia, maybe? Perhaps Iceland? Be specific if you want results.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 11:54 AM
anne

Jason, Check the washingtonpost.com site. Look in the archives for Sunday April 18, 1999 --- Cheap Sleeps in Paris. I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding.