HOTELS

Aug 21st, 2001, 06:21 PM
DAVID ABDULLAH

HOTELS

MY WIFE AND I WILL BE IN ITALY NOV.17 TO DEC.1.PLANNED HOTELS ARE ROME-HOTEL FORTE NEAR PIAZZA SPAGNA, FLORENCE-PENDINI NEAR PIAZZA REPUBBLICA, VENICE-PENSIONE ACCADEMIA, MILAN-LONDON HOTEL. ARE THESE OK? ANY ADVICE? ANY GREAT RESTAURANTS NEARBY? IS IT IMPORTANT TO BE NEAR METRO IN ROME? IS PIAZZA NAVONA MUCH BETTER LOCATION? I DO NOT FIND A METRO STOP NEARBY.THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

Aug 21st, 2001, 06:40 PM
Book Chick

Sir, you might want to take your cap lock off, because a message in all caps comes off as shouting, which I'm sure is not your intention.

Your choices of hotels are fine.

In terms of restaurant recommendations, I can assist you a bit with Florence & Venice. In Florence, Il Cavallino at 4 r via Farine is great, very friendly atmosphere, but you do not have to "dress up". Also Da Noi, which is a nicer restaurant, at 46 r via Fiesolana. This is a small place, & you might need to have a reservation.

In Venice you will be staying close to a nice restaurant called Sole e Luna, which is closed on Thursdays. It's at Zatter 924, I think the phone # is 0039 0415806 895. Also, I enjoyed Antico Martini, where my professor, his wife & I enjoyed a leisurely lunch.
Best Wishes in Your Travels,
BC

Aug 22nd, 2001, 06:30 AM
elaine

Hi
Sounds like a nice long trip. The
Pendini and the Accademia have been much-praised on this forum, perhaps the others as well. YOu can search for any and all here and find past comments;
the search function requires patience.
You can also check elsewhere on this fodor's website under "destinations"
and "rants and raves" to see if there are more comments.

I have files on R, F, and V; if you'd like to see them, email me.

Aug 22nd, 2001, 06:58 AM
ohoh

We stayed near Piazza Navona in Rome. Never stepped on a Metro, as we walked everywhere we wanted to go. Of course we were only there 3 nights.

Aug 22nd, 2001, 03:54 PM
Surlok

Mr. Abdullah,

I stayed at the Pensione Pendini three years ago. It's on the third floor of a building right at Piazza della Republica. The rooms are large, but the bathrooms didn't look OK to me. I found them to be too small, and not as clean as I would hope. The staff is friendly, and the decor is bright. Breakfast is nice and plentiful, and breakfast room has a pleasant view towards Florence rooftops.

I hope it helps,

Surlok