Reload this Page >

Hotel Villa San Pio- Aventino area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Kevin

Can anyone give any information about the Hotel Villa San Pio and the Aventine area. Is it in reasonable walking distance to the Piazza Navona. <BR> <BR>Regards <BR>KD

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Ann

It's about 10 minutes (maybe 15 at the most) to the Colosseum. We stayed there and loved it -- a quiet, lovely residential area, and also close to a bus line which goes up the Tiber to the Vatican, etc.

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 04:38 PM
Kevin

Thanks for the info. <BR> <BR> <BR>Regards <BR> <BR>KD

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 06:31 PM
Cindy

Kevin, I just posted almost this exact same question, and then saw yours. Where did you see the Villa San Pio? On the venere.com website? It does look great, doesn't it? I hope we get some responses from someone who's been there. When are you going? We're not going until next June, but I'm having a lot of fun planning this trip, and taking advantage of all the posts on this board.

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 06:49 PM
cindy

Ann, sorry I didn't see your message before I answered Kevin. Can you tell me if the San Pio is air conditioned? Thanks.

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 09:52 PM
Kevin

Cindy, <BR>I saw the San Pio at Charmingrome.com (great pictures). I'm just not sure if I will be able to walk to enough sites from the Aventine area. I arrive in Roma 27 dec. <BR> <BR>Regards <BR>KD