HOTEL UKRAINA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 07:11 PM
LENORE

HOTEL UKRAINA

HOW IS THE HOTEL UKRAINA IN MOSCOW?

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Marc David Miller

I have not seen any of the rooms (except in "The Russia House"--and the banquet rooms were featured in "The Saint"), but I have seen the lobby and had lunch in one of the restaurants in 1999--ok service, ok food. Fun location and grand Stalinist architecture but the location is not particularly convenient for public transportation (although it is about a 15-20 minute walk to the US Embassy for those adopting).

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 12:14 AM
MH

This is were CNN houses all there staff when in town. So how bad can it be? this country is slowly trying to rebuild and evidently 5* hotels are not a priority. At least near the embassy you should have a falser sense of security. I was thinking about visiting this year and asked my friend who is a foreign correspondent for the big paper in San Fran, and this is where she recommends. As an American I need to get a visa, etc. to visit and have to surrounder my passport to the Russian Consulate in Frankfurt and I have been reluctant to let my passport out of my sight. Have fun be safe and bring money, this town is expensive.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Marc David Miller

Actually in Moscow/St Petersburg 5* properties are much more of a priority than 3-4* ones which is somewhat unfortunately for their tourism industry.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Jennifer

I statyed at the Hotel Ukraina and thought it was a great deal for the $. The staff speaks English and the rooms remind me of an old Country farmhouse (wood floors etc.). It was in walking distance to the metro.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Daniel

I stayed at the Hotel Unkaina a couple of weeks ago. The rooms were large and comfortable. However the staff were not particularly helpful and the food was awful.