Hotel suggestions wanted.

Old May 8th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel suggestions wanted.

I am taking my granddaughter to London and Paris this summer - June 21-July 5. She is sixteen. I have been to London twice before. On one trip a friend and I stayed at the Arosfa (?) on Gower Street. I liked having a breakfast included, and I really want en suite accommodations. The Arosfa does not have any availability for this time. I don't need fancy, just clean. I know there are other similar hotels/B&B's in this area. Any suggestions or should I look in another area instead? Thank you.
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:42 PM

There are quite a few similar hotels along Gower Street. The better ones include the Arran House and the Ridgemount and I would also consider The Morgan on Bloomsbury Street, a southern extension of the same road and walkable to many sights and attractions including the British Museum and Covent Garden.
Old May 8th, 2011, 02:43 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Since you are going to be in London for several days and possibly a week+ -- I'd definitely consider renting a flat. It will likely be cheaper than a hotel and you'll get much more space. It won't include breakfast - but w/ a kitchen you can put together your own b'fasts very economically.
Old May 9th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Original Poster

I thought that might not be an option since my stay would not be from weekend to weekend. I arrive on a Wednesday.
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:56 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Arrival day makes no difference. Self catering places out in the countryside often do have a fixed start day (Sat to Sat, Fri to Fri, etc) -- but that usually isn't the case in Cities like London or Paris. You can have any start date.