Hotel Suecia, Madrid -- any comments?

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Rita

Hotel Suecia, Madrid -- any comments?

I am planning a week stay in Madrid in late May and I'm looking for a four star hotel near the Prado. The Hotel Suecia looks interesting and I am wondering if anyone has has stayed there recently. We are looking at staying in one of their junior suites. Any comments about the service and ammenities of this hotel?

Any other four star hotels that you would recommend. Looking for location, ambience and a fare amount of creature comforts in the room.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 05:36 PM
rita

Does anyone have a comment or have I choosen a dude of a hotel?

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Angel

For Madrid lodging opinions, go to www.madridman.com

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 07:05 AM
rita

Thanks Angel, the madridman website is where I found the hotel in the first place. I've checked the Rants + Raves on Fodors and the postings on Madridman but I still am not convinced it is the right hotel.

Any other comments out there?

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 08:37 AM
olga

Dear Rita,

I have not stayed there, but I have seen it on brochures and websites and on one indepth story in a hotel trade magazine, with lots of pictures. It looks very nice, modern and confortable, quite chic. The area can´t be beat if you like to be close to everything, you can walk to the Prado and Plaza Mayor and also lots of Metro and bus stops nearby.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Santa Chiara

The hotel is centrally located, but the hotel is not as nice as the web sites show it to be. It's an okay hotel but nothing special, and the staff is indifferent, at best.

However it is clean, and it is perfectly adequate but nothing special.

I would rate it about a B. Others have recommended the Wellington, and the Plaza (the big, fancy one next to the Prado?).