Hotel St. Paul in Paris?

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 07:51 AM
george

Hotel St. Paul in Paris?

Anyone know about it?

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 12:25 PM
Boots

There is more than one Hôtel Saint-Paul in Paris. If you mean the one on Monsieur le Prince, I can tell you a little about it. Boots

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 02:20 PM
Kathy

George: I wil be staying at the Hotel St. Paul on rue Monsiuer le Prince for four nigths next month. I can let you know more about it when I return. I booked it through smallandeleganthotels.com. You can visit their website to see pictures.

Boots: could you tell me what you now about the hotel St. Paul?

Old Oct 21st, 2000, 05:04 AM
Boots

Kathy: Under the thread "Hotel St.-Paul," Lesli suggested the website smallandeleganthotels.com. You might also check the website paris.org. The hotel is as described and pictured.
I have not stayed at the St.-Paul, but I have had a tour of the hotel and I stop there nearly every time I am in Paris (3 or 4 times per year). I stay at a 2-star at the corner of rue de Seine and Boulevard St.-Germain where Valérie Benigno once worked. After she left the 2-star, she stopped there the first couple of times I was in Paris because we had become fond of each other. Now, I stop to see her at the St.-Paul. The St.-Paul is more expensive than I usually pay, or I would certainly stay there.
Now about the hotel. You will have a top-notch manager in Valérie, and the young women who work with her are very pleasant and professional. The ground floor has a nice sitting room off the lobby (photo 2 on the website mentioned). The breakfast room (photo 3) is in the basement. The rooms (photo 1) are attractively decorated.
The one-way street should be reasonably quiet at night. The hotel is near the Luxembourg Gardens, the Blvd. St.-Michel, and the Odéon area. Several well-know restaurants are nearby, the Bastide Odéon, Chez Maître Paul, and Polidor. A good pâtisserie/ boulangerie/tea room, the Dalloyau, is a couple of blocks away.
I would be interested in your comments upon your return. Enjoy Paris!
Boots

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 03:25 PM
george

Boots: Thanks for the info. We are so excited about the trip.

George

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 04:58 AM
George2

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for the info Boots - my girlfriend and I are arriving in Paris tomorrow for a 4-day weekend and we are staying at the St.Paul. I will post our experiences when we get back next week, but I just wanted to say now that the reservations staff were incredibly friendly and helpful to me in booking the room, arranging transfers from the airport and even booking a table for us at a nearby restaurant for tomorrow night (it's our anniversary). I just hope the rest of the trip goes as well as the preparation! A bientot!

G.

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 12:49 AM
George2

Hi again,

Sorry about the delay in posting this Kathy.... I hope you get it in time! My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hotel St. Paul on Rue Monsieur Le Prince for 4 nights and absolutely loved it. It's a small place but really charming and personal... the staff couldn't be more pleasant and helpful. Our room was gorgeous - if you go to www.hotelboulevard.com and look up the St. Paul there, it is photo number 5... the room and bathroom were absolutely spotless. There is neither a bar nor a dining room but they do have a cute little breakfast room in the basement (fresh croissants, rolls and pain du chocolat every morning... yum!) but as you are walking distance from any number of restaurants, this doesn't pose a problem.

We found the location to be excellent as well - we didn't know this arriving but the hotel is only a 4 minute walk from the Luxembourg RER station which is on a direct line from Charles De Gaulle airport - it's about US$7 or $8 per person one way which is a hell of a lot cheaper than a taxi or shuttle - oh yes, the hotel offers a shuttle service which we used - if you give them your flight details, a driver will meet you at the arrivals gate.... about twice as expensive as getting the RER, but still only half the cost of a regular taxi.

More about the hotel - we adored it.. there is this cat which just roams the place and he seemed to be absolutely fascinated with our room (no.15). Every so often we'd let him in and he would come and sit facing one particular corner - for hours if we let him! Weird, but very friendly. Our room was on the first floor and facing the street, but all the windows are double-glazed so very little street noise intrudes when they are closed. My girlfriend is an extremely light sleeper and she didn't have any problems.

I'll just finish off by saying we thought the St.Paul was absolutely perfect for us... we didn't want to leave! I hope this helps you all and that you have a wonderful time there (I'm sure that you will!).
All the best

G.

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 06:30 AM
Kathy

George: Thank you so much for the wonderful description of the hotel. I can't wait to get there myself. My husband and I will be leaving in a week and are looking forward to some sightseeing and relaxation. I will also post my impressions of the hotel when we get back.

To everyone else: Thanks for the great advice over the past few weeks. Our trip will certainly be the better for all of it!