Hotel Shuttle vs. Limo Service

Apr 5th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Lori

Hotel Shuttle vs. Limo Service

We will be leaving on our honeymoon in 8 days, flying into Rome on the 14th. I have heard of 2 different companies to get us from the airport to our hotel - has anyone used "Airport Shuttle"? Is "Limo Service Rome" a better bet? Please advise.

Apr 5th, 2002, 12:26 PM
elaine

I used euroservice last fall, very pleasant ride, showed up at the airport as arranged, driver spoke Eng

Apr 5th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Andre

Take a cab! Why bother with some fly by night car service?

Apr 5th, 2002, 12:28 PM
elaine

by coincidence, see Barb's comment on euroservice under the heading "Italy Trip Report Part 2-Rome", posted today
just scroll down

Apr 5th, 2002, 12:37 PM
elaine

oops, sorry, I read it wrong, she mentions another one she liked,
limoservice

Apr 5th, 2002, 12:41 PM
jo

Like Barb, we used limoservicerome..they are not a fly by night company! More than satisfied with their service and woild recommend them to anyone.

37 Euros...in a taxi the meter just keep' s on ticking if you're stuck in a traffic jam, so that bill can run up!

Apr 5th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Limo,too

Two years ago, when we arrived at the Rome airport, we were advised to take the limo service. After you get your luggage, you pass a kiosk on the way out. The price was comparable to a taxi, but the taxi has surcharges for evening, weekend etc. We were able to arrange for the same driver to pick us up at the hotel and take us to the airport. I can't remember the name of the service, but we were very satisfied.

Apr 5th, 2002, 04:54 PM
pam

Used limoservicerome last summer and they were the best reservation I made.
I was travelling solo and they were on time at airport,carried all my bags, saw me into my hotel,suggested a place for dinner. They picked me up when a taxi driver decided he didn't "want to" go back in the direction of my hotel and stranded me, they also took me to the Eurostar, carried all bags to platform, gave me a list of all times,etc and wrote out in italian exactly what I should say to inquire about the train's time.
Now, I'd call that outstanding service "above and beyond"...wouldn't you?
Delightful driver.