Reload this Page >

Hotel Scalinata di Spagna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 04:08 PM
Helen

I have heard good things about this hotel, however, I am having a hard time finding a website for it or actually any info. Could someone please help me. Thanks.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 04:21 PM
Helen

Hi Helen, greetings from another Helen. <BR> <BR>I was curious to see if there were any previous postings on your hotel on the Forum. There were 25 responses. I think (I hope) this will take you to the response page: http://fodors.com/forums/crossroads....ity=&active=5& <BR> <BR>If the link doesn't work, I guess you'll have to do the archive search your self. Make sure you have a crossword or book handy - even with my office's fast connection, those searches take a while! Good luck. I think you will find what you need here.

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 04:26 PM
Ed

A lovely little hotel, really a high-class pensione. Good location, lovely setting. Very pricey for a pensione. You'll find phone number at www.twenj.com/romehtlothr.htm No e-mail or website of which I know. <BR> <BR>Rome.Switzerland.Bavaria <BR>www.twenj.com

Old Mar 1st, 2000, 04:02 PM
Shannon

It is pretty pricey, and always booked. If you're interested call early. The prices on the website were nowhere near what I was quoted (500,000ITL for a standard double in mid-march). I called in December and they only had 1 room available. I decided against staying there - we're staying at La Locanda di Van Gogh for 350,000 ITL.

Old Mar 1st, 2000, 04:43 PM
Beth

Hi Helen, <BR> <BR>here's a website for you. I think you can book online from here. <BR> <BR>http://www.venere.it/roma/scalinata/

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 08:34 AM
Adrian

Helen, <BR> <BR> As others have indicated, it is a pricey place to stay if you are under a tight budget. I stayed at this hotel for a week and it was absolutely marvalous. Just opposite the hotel there is this old church, very beautiful and a few meters ahead there is a huge park where young Italians hang out with their Mopeds!!! As the name indicates, the famous Spanish steps are adjacent to the hotel (also a lot of old and young people hang out at sunrise and sunset). There are a number of classy boutiques and shops with fine Italian clothes. In a way, it is a relatively in expensive place if you consider the proximity to the famous fountain, the forum, train station, park, and St. Peters!!! So think about it but you'll do better at a reasonably cheaper place. <BR> <BR>Adrian, <BR>Silver Spring, MD <BR>