Reload this Page >

Hotel Recommendations, Please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 1999, 03:50 AM
Gwendolyn

I travelled to Paris two years ago with a girlfriend and we stayed at the Hotel du Champs du Mars-- fairly close to the Eiffel Tower. We had a great time there; it was affordable, clean, charming, and close to everything. Now my husband and I are considering a trip (HOORAY!!!)-- I think it would be nice to stay in a different place, but don't have weeks to research a hotel like I did last time. Any recommendations... or should I stick with the proverbial "ol' tried and true"?

Old Dec 27th, 1999, 04:03 AM
elaine

Hi Gwen <BR>If you do a Searach on this forum for Paris hotels, you will find many recommendations. People may find it easier to respond right here if you indicate a preferred budget and location. <BR>good luck

Old Dec 27th, 1999, 09:54 AM
marty

I would recommend the Retent's Hotel on rue Madame about a block from the St. Suplice Square in the 6th. It is lovely and in a great location. The metro St. Suplice is around the corner about 1 1/2 blocks away. It has been recently renovated, and everything is yellow and blue. Continental breakfast was in very pretty breakfast room or on the the terrace or in your room. It November, that was included in the price. The rooms were the largest I have stayed in in Paris. Luxembourg Garden is about a block away. English is spoken. There is tv with foreign channels for news lovers and direct line phone. The rooms were 500F for a dboule room with one bed and 550 F for two beds. The management recommended a very good, small restaurant close by that catered to our every desire and brought sample after sample from the kitchen. The only listing I have found on the internet shows the rooms before the remodeling. We stumble upon it when our reservations at Hotel Clement were lost by the hotel! <BR> Telephone-01 45 48 02 81. Fax-01 45 44 85 73. They have nice brochure that you can ask for. We liked it so much we are recommending it to anyone we talk to who is on the way to Paris.

Old Dec 27th, 1999, 09:55 AM
marty

Sorry-typo- REGENT'S Hotel!

Old Dec 27th, 1999, 10:01 AM
s.fowler

I would recommend the Hotel Muget in the same area. It's a bit more sophisticated and not too much more. We also stayed at Hotel La Motte Piquet on the corner of Rue Cler. If you get a corner double [small] it is very charming <BR> <BR>In the 3 star ranks I would recommend where we just stayed. Hotel Bersoly's on the edge of the 6eme. See my recent Paris report for more. It was $120 USD a night and well worth it in charm and location.

Old Dec 27th, 1999, 10:01 AM
marty

Sorry, Gwendolyn. I have had too much candy! I just found a website for the Regent's that shows the update: <BR>http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75006regs.htm