Hotel recommendations in Lucerne

Old Feb 24th, 1999, 04:00 PM
Linda Freedman

Hotel recommendations in Lucerne

You should try to be more specific as to what you are seeking. Is it luxury, mid-price or budget you have in mind? We wrote about Luzern in our Switzerland 96 travelogue which you can find on our non-commercial web site, TheTravelzine.com Don&Linda <http://thetravelzine.com>

Old Feb 25th, 1999, 05:27 AM
richard j. vicek

To whom it may concern:
Have used the HOTEL WILDEN MANN , Bahnhofstrasse, 30. is a four star hotel with 43 rooms for a number of years. On opposite side of river from
the old town area, but only a block away.
Has two good ristorantes, can be viewed
on www.wilden-mann.ch/ and also on
www.swisshotels.ch/ search for city and all hotel listings..
Richard of Hickory Hills, Il....

Old Apr 5th, 2000, 01:35 PM
Roger & Amy

Linda,

The Chateau Gutch is expensive and well worth the price and the Hotel Krone is moderate, well operated and centrally located. We recommend both places.

Old Apr 5th, 2000, 03:54 PM
Claudia

I was just in Lucerne last month and stayed at the Schweitzerhoff Hotel. Beautiful! Just re-opened after a 2 year restoration. Directly accross the river from the train station. Make sure you get a room in the new tower where there isn't construction going on. Room 143 is great!

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 07:34 AM
Sheryl

If you have the option I would consider staying outside of Lucerne. We really enjoy Engelberg much more. You can go into Lucerne during the day and then escape the city in the evening. Try the Hotel Europe in Engelberg.