Reload this Page >

hotel recommendation??? in taormina

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 04:58 PM
mary

can anyone recommend a nice hotel in taormina in august with very nice rooms and also with a pool????

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 06:23 PM
Hiho

Don't you know how to do research here? This question was asked and answered 127 time at least. Don't wear jeans in Italy. Wear speedos

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:06 AM
mary`

I've done lots of research. Everyone on this site writes about Villa Belvedere, but the room pictures on their site don't look so great.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:10 AM
Patrick

If you are looking for a more "modern" American style or fancier hotel you might try the Disodoro next door to the Belevedere. It certainly looks very nice and has a beautiful pool. I have stayed at the Belvedere and will stay there again this August. Frankly I like the old furniture and the "worn" look of the rooms. Our room was huge and had a giant bath. It was spotlessly clean but looked like it hadn't been redocrated in about 50 years. It is definitely a European style "villa" hotel, nothing like a modern Hyatt or Hilton, for example. When in the US, I usually stay at Hyatts, Marriotts, and Sheratons. But when in Europe I like something with more "local color".

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:15 AM
Patrick

Sorry, I meant Diodoro. But I guess you already knew that, Mary, as now I see you asking about it on another thread. It certainly looked like a nice hotel to me, but didn't go inside. I did see a lot more families there than at the Belvedere.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:47 PM
Mary

Thanks Patrick. I'm not looking for a modern hotel but just something that isn't dark and gloomy. I will be in other parts of Sicily for a few weeks and wanted a nice hotel in Taormina. Maybe Villa Diodoro is a better choice. I also keep reading that San Domenico Palace is very nice. Thanks for your input.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:17 PM
del

Hi Mary,<BR>We stayed at Diodoro a couple of years ago, it is part of the Jolly Hotel chain.It is a big hotel so is not as full of personality as a smaller hotel. But would I stay there again? Absolutely. The breakfast is great and we had a room to die for, a view that went forever., also a balcony. Our room was for three people and it was huge!!!Also a short walk to the main streets.<BR>Have fun.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 12:37 PM
mary

thanks, I will check out Villa Diodoro.