Hotel or Apartments in Florence, Italy

Old May 22nd, 2022, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel or Apartments in Florence, Italy

My husband and I will be in Florence for a week in October. We'd love some recommendations for a hotel or vacation rental that is comfortable and well-located. Ideally, it would be 1) located on the Pitti Palace side of the Arno and 2) has space to unpack our suitcases. (this seems to be a frequent complaint of VRBO reviewers). Extra bonus points is there's a terrace or some shared outdoor space. We love going to local markets and bringing back food to enjoy al fresco. Thanks!

Old May 24th, 2022, 09:03 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I've stayed in several of the apartments of Residenza Il Carmine if that is close enough to Pitti Palace for you. The apartments have plenty of space and there is a large interior courtyard that is shared among the apartments. The owners lived in one, but I'm not sure that's still the case. The website looks very different and I get the impression it may have changed hands. FWIW, it was very quiet and there was a local outdoor market not far from the apartment. I'm traveling at the moment, but can post some of my pics next week of the apartments, courtyard and market. There was also a small grocery the end of the block and laundry. The apartments I stayed in didn't have their own laundry although they had outdoor racks to hang laundry.

https://residenzailcarmine.it/properties-list
Old May 24th, 2022, 09:26 PM
Original Poster

Hello Kybourbon - thank you for this suggestion. It looks very nice, and unusual. I love the outdoor seating area. I will contact them to find out more details.
Old May 29th, 2022, 10:42 AM

I always book with booking.com and you can choose from a menu of options.