Reload this Page >

Hotel near Heathrow

Search

Hotel near Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 1998, 06:14 AM
Donna

Hotel near Heathrow

Hi! We are looking for an airport hotel near Heathrow -- late arrival flight with one full day in London, a second night, then a flight out to Shannon. Any suggestions?

Old Sep 17th, 1998, 09:21 AM
kam

Your late arrival will only be for Londoners, not for you!Even if you arrive at midnight and assuming you are coming from Eastern time, it will only be 7pm for you. You should be quite awake! I would go into London--go to bed and then you can be up early for your day there. The area around Heathrow offers very little of interest. The best way to get to London I think is the Airbus--it has two routes depending on where you are going in London. You might also confirm that you are leaving for Shannon from Heathrow---it could also be Gatwick. <BR>

Old Sep 17th, 1998, 10:38 AM
henry

<BR>Hey Kam, she's looking for a Heathrow hotel and not whether she's awake or not or a way to get to London!Get that???

Old Sep 17th, 1998, 05:04 PM
marcie

Can I throw in that the best way to get between Heathrow and London is the new high speed train link, Heathrow Airport to Paddington station in 15 minutes. Excellent steward service on board for info, assistance etc. Flight check in and baggage service available at the station and no worries about traffic holdups!

Old Sep 17th, 1998, 07:18 PM
Julie

Donna - I'll try to actually answer the question you posted. Although I agree that Heathrow isn't convenient at all, it's OK for a night or two. I've stayed at the Excelsior, a Forte hotel. It's very nice with several restaurants and decent room. Not cheap but comfortable and good service. There's a shuttle bus to the airport that serves all the hotels (Hotel Hoppa). Have fun in London!

Old Sep 18th, 1998, 06:49 AM
Robin

Hey Henry, lighten up!