Reload this Page >

Hotel Mediterraneo

Search

Hotel Mediterraneo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2000, 06:28 PM
connie

Hotel Mediterraneo

If anyone has stayed at this hotel in Rome, can you please provide your opinion and experience?

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 02:26 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Connie Have not stayed at <BR>the MEDITERRANEO, via Cavous, 15. it is <BR>a four star hotel . It is located just <BR>around the corner about one block from <BR>the northwest corner of Romes Termini <BR>Railway station. The area around has <BR>the opera house, many other hotels and <BR>ristorantes and shops, it is a very <BR>busy area. It is possible to question <BR>this area at night, would be cautious <BR>as you would in any other big city. <BR>My personal preference would be an area <BR>near the Spanish Steps such as the <BR>DE LA VILLE, or near the Pza Navona, the <BR>RAPHAEL, or the via Veneto, the FLORA. <BR>Have stayed at the De La Ville and <BR>the Flora in past years and found them <BR>excellant... Richard of La Grange Park, Il...

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 02:27 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Connie Have not stayed at <BR>the MEDITERRANEO, via Cavour, 15. it is <BR>a four star hotel . It is located just <BR>around the corner about one block from <BR>the northwest corner of Romes Termini <BR>Railway station. The area around has <BR>the opera house, many other hotels and <BR>ristorantes and shops, it is a very <BR>busy area. It is possible to question <BR>this area at night, would be cautious <BR>as you would in any other big city. <BR>My personal preference would be an area <BR>near the Spanish Steps such as the <BR>DE LA VILLE, or near the Pza Navona, the <BR>RAPHAEL, or the via Veneto, the FLORA. <BR>Have stayed at the De La Ville and <BR>the Flora in past years and found them <BR>excellant... Richard of La Grange Park, Il...

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 04:16 PM
Walter

I stayed there in Feb96 for 11 days. It's a nice 4* hotel with everything that goes with that rating. The buffet breakfast then was *excellent* and the area (Via Cavour) is very safe. I personally like the Termini area as it makes getting around alot easier. Walk out of the hotel turn left, walk 1 block and buy your metro ticket from the Kiosk right next to the metro entrance. But I won't stay there again and haven't yet on my last 2 trips nor on my next one in Feb. only because of the rude treatment I received in the hotel restaurant. But that's just me and one waiter. Unless you like the Termini area I would think of staying in maybe a 3* hotel more centrally located for the same price or if you like the area and want to save money stay at the 3* Nord Hotel which is 1.5 blocks behind the Mediterraneo and in the same hotel chain. A *little* less fancy and with a decent buffet breakfast. But honestly there is nothing wrong with the Mediterraneo except one waiter's attitude IME. HTH Regards, Walter <BR>

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 09:32 PM
susan

We stayed at the Mediterraneo in 1996 with a tour group. We were quite happy with our room (on the 6th floor I believe) but some in our group said their rooms weren't as nice. (But our room was on the small side.) <BR> The hotel was designed by 1 of Mussolini's favorite architects. <BR> We thought the location very convenient (it's close to the train station) so we could walk everywhere (but we don't mind walking 5 miles a day). <BR> Some of the area was a little scruffy looking, but we weren't bothered. However, the tour company didn't return there the following year, supposedly because of increased crime at night (like pick pockets). <BR> However, we'd stay there again for sure (& food was very good).