Hotel Majestic

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 03:43 PM
Wendy

Hotel Majestic

I'm going to Paris in November and have booked into the Hotel Majestic, a four star in the 16th -- very close to the 8th. Is anyone familiar with it? Has anyone stayed there?

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 06:49 PM
Austin

The Majestic is a good 4star hotel withsome of the largest and best furnished rooms in Paris.
If you are one of those people so common to this board who have to be in the center of everything you may be disappointed--the Magellan is on a bleak desolate street and you may have to walk a few blocks east to get to the 8th
It is around the corner from its sister hotel the Raphael--one of the great hotels of Paris
Dont be let down by the facade of the hotel--it looks like a cell block in Siberia
But you cant beat the comfort--and thats why I stay there often.

AH

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 06:51 PM
Austin

Sorry for the error--I of course meant Majestic not Magellan which is a street nearby

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 12:38 PM
Wendy

Austin, Thank you. You told me just what I wanted to hear. I was looking for a good sized, ell furnished room (I've booked a Jr. Suite) slightly off the beaten track and it sounds like, after much searching, I found it. Thanks for the warning about the facade. I guess this goes to prove that you can't judge a book by the cover! Many thanks, again. Wendy-

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 05:14 AM
wendy

Austin, One more question...Is the Majestic in a residential or commercial area? Wendy-

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Austin

I really cant tell--as I said it is sort of faceless--but the front looks out over what I guess is some mid east embassy
There are lots of embassies in the area all rather drab looking
But remember only a short walk to
the etoile and the 8th with its hustle bustle, stores and shops and the Champs dElysees

AH

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 05:33 PM
Wendy

Austin, Are there any inexpensive places nearby to go in and have an informal lunch or dinner. Wendy-