Reload this Page >

Hotel Madrid in Lisbon

Search

Hotel Madrid in Lisbon

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 1969, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great report, hightide. We just returned from Rome, Tuscany, Sestri Levante and Venice and my journal is so pathetic!! No time to write when you're having so much fun! Business card idea is great...hope to use it next trip which will be Amalfi Coast and Sicily.

Too bad you'll miss the Palio, oh well, maybe next time - DO go to Siena though, it's fabulous. You can contact Dario via email to make arrangements, his email is [email protected]. If I'm not mistaken, he also does tours from Florence to the same area (Chianti region - tour includes vineyards!)

I wouldn't necessarily recommend renting a car for the Florence / Siena area, especially if you hire Dario. But of course I'm a wuss and the traffic and madness made me crazy. Driving in Siena and Rome just about did me in!

As for number of nights in Capri, if it was me, I'd do one night in Capri and the rest in Positano - we were in Positano three nights and would have loved one more night and day, didn't get to see Ravello due to shortness of time.

Looking forward to your report!

An excellent trifecta: Super website, great report, outstanding photos!
I especially enjoyed that photo of the buildings outside of Montepulciano! I took the same one!
awbaker

Hotel Madrid in Lisbon

Hightide --
I am planning a 2 week trip to Italy with my husband this August to celebrate 8 years of marraige. I just read your trip report, and it got me so excited! We are going to Venice, Florence, Capri, Positano & Rome. I am wondering if we shouldn't bother with Capri, but good friends of ours say we should stay there. Thank you so much for the trip report and the pictures. I hope to keep a journal as well.
Amy

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 07:17 AM
Sjoerd

Anyone knows the Hotel Madrid in the city of Lisbon, Portugal? Good or bad experiences? Thanks.