Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Lutecia, Hotel Ambassador, Hotel St Germain, or Hotel du Louvre?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 07:15 PM
Barb

Help. I need to make a reservation. Has anyone stayed at some of these, and which one would you pick? We have an anniversary coming up, so we're going to splurge.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 10:19 AM
xxx

I have only stayed at the Ambassador, not really in the same company of the Du Louvre, 3 vs 4 stars. It was ok, but a bit too tatered for my tastes. Looked inside like a run down Marriott in the Midwest.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 10:38 AM
Meg

I have also stayed at the Ambassador. I didn't like the area - too far away from all the things I like on the Left Bank. On my next trip to Paris (whenever that may be), I plan to stay at Lutetia - great area, great building.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 09:34 AM
Karen

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Lutetia for 10 nights this past May. It was fantastic! We loved the location and our room had a balcony which overlooked the Eiffel Tower. We got a very good rate for the hotel and it included breakfast each morning. It was a buffet breakfast and the food was good. The service at the hotel was great. I would stay there again. Email me if you have any questions.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 11:32 AM
coco

Barb, <BR> My opinions of Hotel du Louvre are pretty much a ditto Karen's comments for the Lutetia (tho view from balcony was Louvre to left and Opera to right). I don't know about the St. Germain, but the other 3 are Concorde Hotels (as is Crillon), which implies a certain quality in my book. What a lovely dilemma, trying to decide amongst this lot!