Hotel London

Old Dec 27th, 1999, 07:52 PM
PVRON

Hotel London

Can anyone give me the name of a good, reliable internet site to book on line a hotel in Lodon. Any recommendations? Nothing fancy, moderately priced. Should I use Priceline.com?

Old Dec 28th, 1999, 03:28 AM
Nellie

Intercontinental Hotels website - look for Forum Hotel London. Forum is the cheaper end of that particular chain. Location is very good. Underground is just behind the htl. Have 3 lines - blue/Picadilly, yellow/Circle and sorry I forgot what's green. Lots of convenience stores near htl - have a KFC, Pizza rest, 2 grocery stores, Boots drug stores on the street at the back. The other hotel behind Forum is called Millenium Gloucester (formerly Gloucester htl) huge rooms for London standard, check if Millenium htls have a website. Their breakfast buffet is VERY good. These 2 htls are in the Kensington area. You can walk to Harrods from here as well as Sloane. <BR> <BR>Reason why I am recommending these htls is bec of what we are used to in North America. I have stayed at some hotels where when you take a shower everything inside the bathroom gets wet.

Old Jan 1st, 2000, 05:16 PM
Patricia

http://www.s-h-systems.co.uk/london.html <BR> <BR>I've used this website for hotel bookings 2 or 3 times. It lists hotels by location. A couple of recommendations: Royal National Hotel near Russell Square, very large and touristy. Park Lodge Hotel near Queensway/Bayswater is a smaller hotel and when I stayed there included a full English hotel. The last time I was in London, in Sept, I stayed at the St. Georges hotel which included a full English breakfast. Park Lodge and St. Georges were both small, independently run hotels, not much to look at, but clean. Be sure to read the descriptions carefully as not all of the hotels on that website have full bathroom accommodations, and alot will include pictures of the hotels. <BR>

Old Jan 1st, 2000, 05:28 PM
Patricia

By the way, St. Georges hotel is located near Victoria Station and although their website doesn't mention any rooms with private bath, we did have one.

Old Jan 1st, 2000, 06:54 PM
Kristina

A good reliable internet site for booking hotels anywhere is www.abt-travel.com <BR>They offer a good selection of hotels and although they seem to be a membership site they will book for non members too.

Old Jan 2nd, 2000, 05:31 PM
Martha

I also would recommend s-h-systems website, which I used. I stayed at the Diplomat Hotel in the Belgravia area of London - very nice, small hotel with character in an excellent location. <BR>I booked most of my hotels over the internet and had great success. Have a great trip. <BR>Martha <BR>