Reload this Page >

Hotel Le Regent ?

Search

Hotel Le Regent ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 12:04 AM
Greg H

Hotel Le Regent ?

I have been given the task of booking a hotel in Paris for a small group of people and have been recommended this hotel. <BR>Has anyone stayed here-opinion? and is it close to many cafe/restaurants. <BR>Thankyou

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 01:43 PM
Patrick

Have spent five different trips in that immediate neighborhood. Have not stayed at Le Regent, but oddly enough have booked it for a week in August this year. It is a nice place, have only been in the lobby, not rooms, and one of the few places that can guarantee you the size of the room. We opted for their larger deluxe room. The neighborhood is my favorite in the Left Bank (in Paris for that matter). just around the corner is Buci, a little market street with morning market and lots of cafes. There are probably 50 good and charming restaurants within two or three blocks and I have probably eaten at 20 of them. The fames Le Precope is a block away (incidentally, that is my least favorite place in the entire area). There are even two laundromats within about a block of the hotel, if that becomes an issue. It is perhaps a slightly noisy street, but Le Regent is air conditioned and has double paned windows, so that shouldn't be a problem. <BR>Have you looked at their web site? It is on www.paris.com They also have email at [email protected] This hotel is owned by the people who own Les Deus Magots, famous cafe on St. Germain a few blocks away. The hotel will also send you a nice brochure if you email them, and after much personal scouting in the immediate area of all the small hotels, we believe that this will be the best choice. (We loved Relais St. Germain, but it is about twice the price.) Most other hotels in area have TINY rooms. I think you'll love it, and I hope we will too.

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 01:46 PM
Patrick

When I filed my brochure away, I noticed the UTELL International connection on the brochure. I had checked with Utell for prices and found them about 30% higher than booking direct with Le Regent by email.

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 07:01 AM
debbie

Greg- I stayed at Hotel Le Regent and was very happy. I agree with Patrick on it's great location and lovely area of restaurants and the best street crepe place in Paris! Did not hear any noise from street in our room, had the highest floor room done in orange/blue combo. Informing this as room was small bathroom too and next time will prefer the bigger one next to it done in all blue. Contintental breakfast was a nice assortment of foods in the lower level with cave-like exposed stone walls. Small area but in August a table was always available at 7-7:30 am. On two occassions room service was sent up before 7:00 for early start of day. They promote a 20% discount which we were lucky to get; I booked directly with them, e-mail and fax. Employees are lovely, speak English and were most informative in answering questions. For the price, I highly recommend it.

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 07:08 AM
debbie

Greg H- forgot to mention that I have seeked and given advice for this hotel recently. Do a search under hotel name and am sure you will find them.

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 11:24 PM
Sue

Greg, we have stayed at this hotel in MAy of 99 and it was in a great area of PAris. Many restaurants and cafes nearby. Street is a bit noisy but that is PAris. If l was you l would book the hotel and enjoy.