Hotel le Grimaldi or La Perouse?

Jan 18th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Amy

Hotel le Grimaldi or La Perouse?

We're staying a week in Nice and doing day trips over Easter. Which hotel would you choose?

Jan 18th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Christina

I haven't stayed in either, but I would choose the Grimaldi because I think it's more centrally located. It may depend on your budget, also, as if you could afford a room with a good sea view in the Perouse, then that might be nicer. If it's a room without a view in the Perouse, I'd go for the Grimaldi.

Jan 18th, 2002, 03:48 PM
mimi taylor

Amy, to be honest with you, it was many years ago, that I was at The Perouse, built into a cliff. I remember tho, the
breakfast under the lemon tree that grew lemons unlike those I cannot buy here. And in the market area where the locals brought their empty bottle to be filled with wine that flowed thru the copper pipes!

buy-so sweet. I plucked several from the tree to take home to share this wonderful treat.

Jan 18th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Wendy

Amy,

Does it have to be one of these two hotels? We go to Nice almost every summer, and usually stay at the Westminster Concorde, which has a very central location on the Promenade des Anglais. I don't know what the rates are for Easter, but in the summer, they are extremely reasonable. You might want to check it out. The hotel has fairly large rooms for Nice,the ones on the waterside have small terraces. It is about a ten-fifteen minute walk from Vieux Nice. Good luck and have a great trip!

Jan 19th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Wayne

Amy---
I have actually stayed at La Perouse and enjoyed it very much. We had a room on an upper floor (don't remember which, but probably at least 3rd or higher) with a balcony overlooking the Mediterranean. Great room, good price, good breakfast. Only thing you have to remember is that if you are driving, you will have to arrange to park your car. The hotel has spaces UNDER the flower market, which they can tell you about. Good luck.