Reload this Page >

Hotel La Motte Picquet Questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 12:11 PM
Susannah

I have reservation for a duplex at Hotel La Motte Picquet for July. We are a family of 4 and this looks like a good option for us. I have read previous postings about the hotel and decided to try this hotel. However, I have not been able to determine if it has air conditioning. This is our first trip to Paris (first trip out of US for kids, ages 13 & 15 - we're all very excited), I want to make sure I've made a good hotel choice. I'd really like to hear from anyone who has stayed at this hotel, especially in the duplex (just how small is small? how does it compare to a college dorm room in size?). Do you think this is a good hotel choice for us? We'll be in Paris for 4 days and then on to London for a week. Thanks for the help.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 12:34 PM
Ursula

Susannah: I just checked with the website of the Paris Tourist Office. It does not say anything about A/C. It's only a two star which usually don't have it. <BR>The area is fine, 7th, very popular and a lot of places can be visited even by walking (Eiffel Tower, Invalides, Mus&eacute;ee Rodin, Mus&eacute;e d'Orsay) and the famous Rue Cler area (food market) is closeby just like a lot of very nice little French bistrots.<BR>Sorry, do not know that hotel from personal experience.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 01:34 PM
Christina

That is just a modest 2-star hotel, unless it's changed very recently, it does not have A/C. There are only a couple 2-star hotels in all of Paris with AC (Muguet and Clement are the only ones I know), you have to go to 3-star to get it commonly (in Paris, it is getting more common in 3-stars, probably at least 1/2 or more now). I haven't stayed in that suite so hopefully somebody who has will comment (it surprises me sometimes how people pop up who have stayed in some unusual place), but I've read that suite room is good for a family if it's the duplex suite. But I don't know its actual size. There is a woman on here with screenname of shrimp56 who has stayed there, maybe she will know. YOu've probably already read her posts, though. I don't know if it would be good for you, it probably depends on your budget.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 06:13 PM

ttt

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 06:26 PM
Jean

Can't comment on the A/C, but I had planned to stay there last April until I got in at Hotel Muguet.<BR><BR>One thing I can tell you for sure--in this price range, the hotels in Paris should be larger than ANY in the same price range in London!<BR><BR>Hotel La Motte Picquet is in a great area--Rue Cler, Eiffel Tower, lots of restaurants, post office, subway, cafes, bakeries, Rodin Museum.<BR><BR>You will have a fantastic trip!

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:19 PM
Jen

I stayed at the Muguet just a block away from Hotel La Motte Picquet. While ther I checked it out. I looked at the style room you may be questioning. It had one room with I beleive a double (for two) bed as you entered and then there was a seperate room with two twin beds. I believe that bathroom was seperate from both rooms. It was simple and clean but did not compare to the Muguet BUT I thought if I came back with my children, I would there there. The location can't be beat. I wouldn't hesitate to let my teens walk the area without me. I've only been to Paris in April and needed heat but I hear it can be miserable in July without AC.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:21 PM
Jen

Boy did that response need grammer and spell check! Back to English 101 or maybe a typing class.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:34 PM
excuse

Jen, I think you are a very mean person. I am not typing this post, my friend is because I am disabled and it takes me a very long time to post. I have enjoyed being here until people like you belittle my spelling and other things. I hope you do not have a child like me. I pray for him.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:29 PM
xx

Excuse, lighten up! It was obvious that Jen was ironically criticizing her own post.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:28 PM
Groan

And you, XX. Don't make things worse. She must feel badly enough. you...

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:29 AM
topper

topping for Inquiry

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 04:22 AM
John

Susannah,<BR>We stayed at the LMP in June of 2000. Spotlessly clean, very kind and helpful owner, an excellent location around the corner from Rue Cler---but NO air conditioning. I've not found Paris to be overly hot, so for us it didn't matter, as long as we could open windows. If the AC is a major concern for you, you might want to step up to a 3-star to get it.<BR><BR>As for the hotel LMP, our double was small, but the suite should suffice for four--particularly if you spend as little time in the room as most visitors to Paris do. <BR><BR>Rooms facing the busy main street (Avenue de La Motte Picquet) can be noisy. So a room on the Rue Cler side or toward the rear might be preferable-especially if you need windows open.<BR><BR>We enjoyed our stay there and would gladly go back. <BR><BR>The hotel website is:<BR>http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75007mottepicquet.htm<BR><BR>Bon Voyage!

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 02:51 PM
topping

topping