Reload this Page >

Hotel in Venice for New Year's

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Rick B

I plan to visit Venice for a 5 day period over New Year's with wife and 2 teenage daughters. Would anyone have a recommendation for a nice hotel that could accomodate 4 in a large room or suite? The hotel I have been steered towards only has smaller rooms, and 2 of them are a bit pricy.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 01:25 PM
L

If you by chance communicate with Elaine/NYC (she posts on the European board), she can perhaps suggest something in Venice ... she has a terrific file. The hotels I know in Venice are good for two people per room. Such as the Hotel Flora ... I am not clear on the price of places suggested to you. Would you be interested in renting two rooms? Ciao

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 01:49 PM
susan

I hate to be so repetitious but you really must stay in an apartment. I stayed behind S. Marks Square for very little $$. Call Venice Rentals, they have many to choose from and are very nice to work with. They should be paying me for all of this word of mouth I am doing for them! Tell them I sent you. Their site is Venicerentals.com (all attached like that) or call them in Venice if you want to spend the money. 041-276-9798 Denise is the one I dealt with and the owner. Fabulous VALUE really and so much better and bigger than a lousy hotel. I don't know why you all don't try this option. I swear I won't go any other way ever, ever again! Susan Good luck ps. Read my mail about those mickey and minnies!

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 03:45 PM
RickB

L: <BR>Thanks for your response. I have nothing against two rooms except price. The suggestion we recived was the Hotel Girorgione, but two rooms for 4 nights comes to well over $2000, which is a bit steep. I'll be trying Susan's suggestion and enquiring about apts.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 03:46 PM
Rick

Susan: <BR> <BR>Thanks for the tip. I will see what your <BR>Venice Rentals group has to offer.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 07:20 AM
susan

Rick, Good luck. Let them know that I sent you......I am hoping they will give me another discount for my next visit for my spreading the good word. They truly were an excellent company though and went out of their way for me. <BR>Susan

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 07:56 AM
Surlok

Rick B, <BR> <BR>I recommend you to attend to the New Year's Eve party at Hotel Metropole. Is quite familiar, and a lovely venue. It starts in the late afternoon, and there's plenty of attractions, as opera singers, live music, a delicious dinner. People sing, dance, drink, eat, and have a lot of fun there. The singers are dressed as characters of "Comedia del Arte", harlechins and the like. <BR> <BR>Regards, <BR> <BR>S

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 12:50 PM
Rick B

Surlock:<BR><BR>Thank you for your advice. We will look into the Hotel Metropole when we arrive in Venice. Looks like we will be staying in an apartment though, per Susan's suggestion.