Search

Hotel in Venice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Venice

Has anyone stayed at Locando Sant'Agostin? I booked it but I can't find much feedback. What about the area it's in? Any hope for nice view? Any other suggestions? Am willing to pay around $250-300/night for 4 nights in September.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 05:37 AM

It gets very good comments on tripadvisor. There's 1 bad one, but with so many good ones, I wouldn't be overly concerned.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 08:57 AM
TonyMnLA

Any other suggestions on a nice hotel? 3 friends traveling and would like to share the room. Would also like a central location.

Old Jul 14th, 2006, 09:28 AM

Tony, what;s the budget?

Hotel Flora has triples and is very charming, good location, nice breakfast and friendly staff.

Old Jul 14th, 2006, 09:33 AM
TonyMnLA

MFNYC,

I suppose the range would be $200 to $300 a night?

Old Jul 14th, 2006, 10:10 AM

Flora would probably bein the high end of your range (depends on the season). Their website (www.hotelflora.it) doesn't list "triple" rates, but they have them (we stayed in a quad there). I think they just add a bed to the large double rooms.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 10:13 AM
TonyMnLA

Thanks!

Old Jul 14th, 2006, 10:18 AM

Locanda Orseolo. Wonderful place!

http://www.locandaorseolo.com/en/
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 10:27 AM
TonyMnLA

Thanks Dejais!

Old Jul 14th, 2006, 11:20 AM

I don't know if they have triples, but take a look at Hotel Paganelli. The location is perfect and I believe the prices are still pretty reasonable.
www.hotelpaganelli.com

It's our favorite in Venice.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Original Poster

Still looking. Hotel Paganelli had no availability for my dates. Thanks anyway.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 12:26 PM
ldh

My husband and I stayed at the Locando Sant' Agostin on our first trip to Venice and were quite happy with it. The area is central for exploring all neighborhoods, but does require a short walk to a vaporetto stop. Our room didn't have much view, but the room itself was very nice. It was spacious and comfortable, with a large comfortable bed and nice big bathroom. Breakfast was ok but simple. They did recommend a really good place to eat nearby in Campo San Polo. Awesome pizza, pleasant service and good prices--appeared to be quite popular with locals as well.

If you are good with a map and want to be a bit off the heavily traveled tourist path, it's a nice place. If you want more action right outside your window, this probably isn't the place. It was quiet and had some lovely squares nearby. It was also very near the Frari. We also stayed in September and paid just under $200 a night but that was a couple years ago. Good luck with your decision.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 12:35 PM

The Residence Corte Grimani. Excellent. Think "very nice Embassy Suites" and you get the idea...living room, kitchen, bedroom, bath; lovely furniture and linens. Check them out on Trip Advisor. I think they're getting the #1 rating these days.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 08:05 PM

Pensione La Calcina!!!
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 08:12 PM

We just stayed at the Ca' Amadi, and liked it. Very central, not far from the Rialto Bridge, 170 Euros a night for a very large room, canal view (May 31 through June 4, 2006). See:

http://www.caamadi.it/en/

- Larry
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 08:54 PM
MaureenB

While in Venice this past May, I looked at these hotels which seemed quite nice:

The Hotel Colombina is a four-star hotel, located at Calle del Remedio, Castello 4416. It looked like a very classy and pleasant hotel, in true “Venetian” style of design. The front desk personnel were very helpful in setting us up on the wi-fi, even though they knew we were not patrons of the hotel itself.

Other appealing hotels we noticed (besides the Pension Calcina mentioned above) include:

Dona Palace Hotel, four-stars, San Marco 391. www.donapalace.it. It overlooks the Rio of Palazzo Ducale, the Bridge of Sighs canal.

Hotel American, three-stars, San Vio, 628 Accademia, www.hotelamerica.com. An “antique palace”, it also faces a nice little canal, the San Vio, in the Dorsuduro area, with a pleasant first floor terrace café.

Hotel Bruno, three-stars, Castello, Salizzada S. Lio 5726/A, www.hoteldabruno.com.

Old Jul 19th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! I'm going to look at hotelabruno.com, Hotel Colombino, and donapalace.it. I've also reserved a room at Hotel Ala, a Best Western, but I've read some very nice comments about. Anyone ever stay there?
Old Jul 19th, 2006, 05:31 PM

I originally booked the Locando Sant'Agostin but after researching it I decided the location was not the best. It is quite far from the San Marco area and I thought that if I was going all the way to Venice, I should book closer to the main area as well as on the canal. I too ended booking at the Hotel Ala, Best Western. It is 250euros a night, so not cheap. Also, I cancelled my reservation with the Locando Sant'Agostin thru Venere.com but also sent the hotel a notice of my cancellation and have not been able to get a response back from them, which makes me a bit nervous....
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Sounds like we're on the same page here. Good luck with the cancellation--I'll do the same.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 08:09 AM

The best hotel I've ever stayed at in Venice is the Ponte al Mocenigo. It's near the Rialto Bridge, has beautifully decorated rooms, some with canal views, a lovely patio where you can have breakfast, great service and reasonable prices. There are many nice restaurants nearby and the vaporetto stop is a very short walk from the hotel. I highly recommend it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -