Hotel in Venice

Feb 24th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Hotel in Venice

Any suggestions for a quaint B&B or small hotel in Venice?
Feb 24th, 2004, 04:53 PM
rex

Here's a suggestion: http://www.eurocheapo.com/venice/lis...aresidenza.asp

Best wishes,

Rex
Feb 24th, 2004, 07:57 PM

Is 15 rooms small? Although I don't know as I'd classify it as "quaint" - Locanda Orseolo (www.locandaorseolo.com) See reviews on tripadvisor.com & venere.com (classified as a B&B on venere)

When are you going?
Feb 25th, 2004, 04:01 PM

Casa Martini in the Canareggio district. Totally relaxing and friendly, yet with elegant 18th c Venetian decor. It is small (about 5 rooms), run by very charming young owners, it's located in a "locals" part of Venice but close to vaporetti stops, the Ghetto,and lots of small, good, out-of-the-way restaurants the owners can direct you to. They have a website casamartini.it; you can also access their site, through Alastair Sawdays' site: www.specialplacestostay.com

I would definitely stay there again. This area of Venice is a little far from San Marco, but we walked there or took the vaporetto easily when we wanted to be in the "center" of things. Just depends on what you like!
Feb 27th, 2004, 03:37 PM

A friend recommended Locanda Boutique Art Deco to us.We reserved a suite for 4 in July. My friend loved it and it looks nice.
Feb 27th, 2004, 03:51 PM

You might want to investigate Al Campaniel. The Web site is
http://alcampaniel.tripod.com/venezia/
It's located within a few hundred yards of the San Toma stop on the Grand Canal (one before Accademia, as I recall). There is also a traghetto at San Toma that gets you quickly and cheaply to the San Marco side, within easy walking distance of the Piazza San Marco.