Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel in St. Margherita

Search

Hotel in St. Margherita

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 06:27 AM

Hotel in St. Margherita

Does anyone have a recommendation on either the Imperiale Palace Hotel or Grand Hotel Miramare in St. Margherita, Italy? I am planning on being there in June.

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 11:26 AM
Amik

I don't know these 2 hotels. <BR>3 years ago we have been in this beautiful town, and stayed in a really special B&B, recommended originally by Karen Brown's book. <BR>It's on a mountain overlooking the town and the whole bay. Much less expensive than any of these hotels, probably, and it's absolutely a romantic place. <BR> <BR>Villa Gnocchi B.B. <BR>Via Romana 53 <BR>Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy 16038 <BR>Phone and fax: 011-39-185-283-431 <BR> <BR>If you do use this place, I'd be happy if you drop me a note, just for my satisfaction... <BR>OH, and don't forget, when you're there to take the boat to Portofino, known as one of the most beautiful places on earth! <BR>Bon Voyage, Amik.

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 11:26 AM
Diane

I walked around the grounds and through the lobby of the Imperial Palace and wished I was staying there. I thought it looked lovely and very upscale. This was in 1997 when I stayed at the Hotel Laurin.

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 02:24 PM
Ellen

I stayed at a place called the hotel Jolanda in Santa Margherita and was very pleased with my accomodations. If you want to check it out: <BR>www.promix.shiny.it/hotel/jolanda/ <BR>Ellen

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 02:28 PM
kam

These are the two top hotels in Santa Margherita with beautiful grounds and quite lovely. They are both about the same size, I would guess about 100 rooms and think you'd do well with either.

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 03:11 PM
rena

I stayed in Miramar in Santa Margharita a few years ago-loved it-beautiful hotel-close walk into town-hotel is overlooking the ocean-romantic.....

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 08:38 PM
Diane

Here's the address for the Imperial Palace: <BR> <BR>http://www.hotelimperiale.com/home.htm

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 06:23 AM
Deena

We stayed at the Miramare four years ago. Like it very much. Had a very large coner room with a large bathroom. Kept the windows open (we had a lovely view of the ocean) and it was a little loud because of the street below (loud motorcycles). The staff was very nice and we loved the town.