Search

Hotel in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 1998, 06:37 PM
Joe

Hotel in Rome

Is anyone familiar with the Hotel Mascagni? <BR>Is it in a convenient location, and is it <BR>comfortable? <BR>Thanks, Joe

Old Sep 9th, 1998, 11:22 PM
Paola Bigini

Dear Sir, <BR>I work in the tourist board of Modena. <BR>I read your e-mail. <BR>The hotel Mascagni is 4 stars hotel, a bedroom with two beds and bathroom costes 400.000 £. <BR>What do you for conveninet? Cheap or in the center of the town? <BR> <BR>Bst reguards Paola Bigini

Old Sep 18th, 1998, 08:48 PM
Joe

Thanks for the info....what I really want to know is if anyone has stayed there and how they liked it, since I have reservations to stay there in <BR>November, and don't want to waste my time in an inferior hotel...Joe <BR>

Old Sep 22nd, 1998, 11:58 AM
Tom Townsend

Why put so much emphasis on a damn room, that you are not even going to be in very much. Just returned from 3 weeks touring Italy, and with one exception, stayed in 2 star hotels, that were great. Our in-laws spent tons of money on 4 and 5 star rooms that were not worth the money. If you are spending that much time in your room, stay home.

Old Sep 22nd, 1998, 06:50 PM
marcie

Tom, that was uncalled for. This forum was devised for us all to exchange information such as that which Joe is seeking. Many of us have obtained info along these lines on this forum which has proved valuable in planning our trips. It would be a shame if comments such as yours made people feel that they couldn't seek such info. <BR>Joe, I trust that someone with experience of this hotel will respond - good luck!

Old Sep 22nd, 1998, 07:00 PM
joe

Tom I wasn't born yesterday.....I have spent the last 40 years traveling around the world, and I have done my time in <BR>cheap hotels....at this time of my life <BR>I happen to enjoy a little more comfort,and <BR>cleanliness, and I happen to feel that <BR>the hotel can color the whole trip....If <BR>I am spending all that time, and money <BR>for a twice a year travel experience, by <BR>golly, it better be good!! ....J <BR>

Old Sep 23rd, 1998, 04:18 AM
Tony Hughes

<BR>Tom, you seem to be in the habit of getting up peoples' noses - you have already done it to me on another posting and now you have done it again. You seem to be one of those unfortunates that visit somewhere and suddenly become an expert on the place. - Cut out this stuff: "Oh well,I'm just back from there so you can ignore everything else that you read because I know best"