Hotel in Paris

Apr 20th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Hotel in Paris

Hi, I am doing this for a friend who has booked a hotel in Paris which has turned out to have nothing but bad reviews (L'hotel Liege Strasbourg) and as I don't know Paris well at all I thought I'd throw this to the experts. Firstly is L'hotel Liege Strasbourg as revolting as the reviews say it is? And assuming it is can anyone suggest a good, clean hotel in a safe area of Paris, one adult travelling with two teenagers (13 and 15). They are looking at 2 - 3 star so an indication of pricing on your suggestions would be welcome as would the areas they are in. Many thanks.
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:45 PM

I would prefer the Hotel de France Invalides in the 7th but for this person with teenagers they might prefer something more central to the Latin Quarter. Maybe the Hotel Familia on Blvd. St.Germaine near all the Latin Quarter sites. Both are in their price range.

http://www.hoteldefrance.com/
http://www.hotel-paris-familia.com/

I have used both hotels through the years and enjoyed both. You will no doubt get lots of opinions as there are over 1500 hotels in Paris.

Have fun,
Larry J
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:52 PM

here are a couple more, nicer locations:

Hôtel Montpensier (1st) - Triple 122€
http://www.hotel-paris-montpensier.com/

Hotel le Home Latin (5th) - Triple 117€
http://www.homelatinhotel.com/
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestions Larry J and Travelnut. They all sound 100% better than L'hotel Liege which appears to be dreadful....and some TripAdvisor member had posted some photos.....yuk, yuk, yuk.
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:00 AM

Come back here if there is no availability in our suggested hotels; there are plenty more.
Apr 21st, 2006, 11:18 AM

There's a feature on tripadvisor that you might find useful. Type your dates into the "Quickcheck" for Paris hotels there. Limit the price to under $200. It will show what's available, in the order of the rankings.

You'll be able to read the reviews, look at photos and maps, and then narrow down the choices. Venere.com will also allow to search by dates.

In either case, I always do a Yahoo/Google search to see if the hotel has its own website and book directly with them, if possible.
Apr 21st, 2006, 11:36 AM

Daneille,
I just got back and we stayed at Hotel Chomel at 15 Rue Chomel (left bank). This was a small, quiet street off of Bd. Raspail.The room was clean. We had a nice bathroom. Our room was #54 which is a quad. We walked everywhere. Close to a Rue du Four which had some relatively inexpensive shops. Great reviews on Venere.com.

Another recommendation I got was Hotel de Suez. This is on Bd. St. Michel right down the street from Notre Dame. Fabulous location. (Looked nice on their website.) Lots of cafes and shops. You might have some street noise here at night, though.
Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:40 AM

I've stayed the Hotel de France Invalides in the 7th a few times and have always been very happy with it, my 17yr old daughter thought the 7eme was a bit "quiet" but I love it.
Apr 25th, 2006, 11:17 AM

Hotel Ferrandi 92, rue du Cherche Midi, Paris, France, 75006
Telephone: +33 (0)142229740
E-Mail: [email protected]
6th arrond. Very nice boutique hotel. Room was decent size with a very large marble bath. Clean and very nicely appointed. Helpful staff and even a beautiful spiral staircase. We stayed there in Sept. of 2004 - rates were approx. 182,00 Euros per night. Enjoy!
Apr 27th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. I have forwarded your suggestions onto my friend, so hopefully she will be able to make a more informed selection this time round.

Fortunately there seems there was no issue in cancelling the first hotel, except for a small administration fee.

Cheers.
Apr 27th, 2006, 08:18 PM

I just scored on Le Meridien Montparnasse (a 4* hotel) on Priceline at $104 a Night. Great location and GREAT reviews. Good luck- this is for end of June