Reload this Page >

Hotel in Milano and Lucca

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Mari-Anne Ståhl

Will be visiting Milano and Lucca on our way to Tuscany this summer. Any idea of nice, comfortable not too expensive hotels in these citys? <BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Mari-Anne

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Ed

I checked the Hotel Puccini out in Lucca and it was centrally located and not on a busy street. If you drive have a "navigator" with you because inside the walls the streets are narrow and confusing. I wouldn't spend more than a night in Lucca, there is a lot to see down the road!

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Vincenzo

In summer it is easier to find free rooms in hotels of Milan than in the other seasons.<BR>Not expensive, I suggest you San Francisco, a two stars hotel at Viale Lombardia, that means near the centre of the town, very close to the important underground stop Loreto.<BR>It has a pleasant green space and comfortable rooms, but only in some rooms there is conditioned air, so when you will book you must tell clearly your must of conditioned air ( it is mandatory because you'll be here on summer ).<BR>About Lucca, in Tuscany, if your must is the town ( wonderful ) and not the surrounding area, I suggest you hotel Stipino, a good two stars, little hotel.<BR>At the centre of the town, quiet rooms and not expensive, of course; I suggest you to book it soon.<BR>Ciao.<BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR>

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Sue

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Puccini in Lucca last May, and we found it to be comfortable, adequate, etc. We had a ceiling fan, which was fine for the season, but it does not have A/C, which could be a problem in mid-summer. That said, I would recommend it; great location for inside the walls.

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Marilyn

In Milan we stayed at the Hotel London which had a good location. In Lucca we stayed at the Puccini. Be sure to walk the city wall. Marilyn

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 07:08 AM
CanadaMichele

Thank you Vincenzo for the Milan info! We are travelling to Italy in Feb and are wondering if it is a nice area around the Central Station?? The Hotel rates are very low, in comparision to other areas, and the location for getting in and out of the city seem to be ideal. Is there a safety issue involved with staying in this area?? We have a day and a half in Milan (LEaving by airplane) and any suggestions are welcome.<BR>Thanks to all.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 10:36 AM
Vincenzo

Without any doubt the location around the Central Station is ideal to come in and go out from Milan. From the Central Station departure buses for Malpensa ( and arrive, too ).The Hotel rates are low, in this area, only if the hotel is not good, otherwise you've the same rates of the centre of the town ( samples are Michelangelo, Gallia, Hilton: very expensive ).<BR>My suggest is hotel near Duomo. If you want hotel near Central Station, only one suggest: Albert. It's very good.<BR>Have a nice trip.<BR>Ciao.