Search

hotel in madrid

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 11:13 AM
sue

hotel in madrid

I am traveling to Madrid with husband and 2 teenagers. We are looking for a modestly priced hotel. What's a good location? What do you suggest?

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Bob

I am taking 4 nieces and nephews and have books a hostel with private bathrooms, AC, etc. Hostel Martin which can be reached at http://www.hostelseurope.com/spain.html<BR><BR>Double rooms are about 40 Euros/night.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 03:09 PM
x

What do you consider modestly priced? Will you need 1 or 2 rooms, a suite, or 2 rollaway beds in 1 room?

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Maria

Sue,<BR><BR>We have enjoyed the Carlos V which is moderately priced and located right in the center of town (a block or two off the Puerta del Sol) as well as the exact center of Spain which has the national "Kilometro Zero" marker. The Plaza Mayor is just a few more blocks away and lots of other areas with tapas bars and museums (the Monasterio de las Descalzadas is practically next door).<BR>I am thinking that a double is probably about $100 or so and they have a beautiful dining room with a very hearty breakfast. <BR>If you want more detailed info you can pick it up on this site or let me know and I can write more.<BR><BR>Maria

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 06:43 PM
maria

Sue,<BR><BR>Website for Carlos V is www.hotelcarlosv.com<BR><BR>Maria